Help from someone who lost lots of weight!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Help from someone who lost lots of weight!!

Postby canadacatman » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello my name is Jessie Williams.

I am 370 pounds on blood pressure meds and almost need to be on cholesterol pills too.

I need to get off the pills as they are calcium channel blockers(bad side effects and Dr. McDougall never prescribes them so must be bad).

I was wondering if anyone who has come off blood pressure meds and lost the weight I need to eating the starch based will help me.

I need a "buddy" of sorts to ask questions and get help from.

Thanks
canadacatman

Re: Help from someone who lost lots of weight!!

Postby Ruff » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Jessie,

How wonderful you have found us. Life is going to get so much better from now on! :mrgreen:

You are ALMOST in the right place, :D but not quite! This sub forum is for people to post when they have good news to share with us. If you go to the main index, and then click on 'the lounge', and post again there, you should get more replies.

Or, better, scroll down the main index page until you get to 'a place for newbies'. Post there, and you will get lots of people to help you out. :D

Good luck, and I shall be looking out for you posting in this sub forum in 6 months time with your wonderful success story! :mrgreen:
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby janluvs2heel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 pm

canadacatman wrote:Hello my name is Jessie Williams.

I am 370 pounds on blood pressure meds and almost need to be on cholesterol pills too.

I need to get off the pills as they are calcium channel blockers(bad side effects and Dr. McDougall never prescribes them so must be bad).

I was wondering if anyone who has come off blood pressure meds and lost the weight I need to eating the starch based will help me.

I need a "buddy" of sorts to ask questions and get help from.

Thanks

[b]You might be in the wrong place but you can check out Norm's Journal,

[http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35924

He started at around 485 I think & is now at 195. Not sure about the meds, but it is a good place to start. I am sure he can help you at least with the weight loss. /b]
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby Lerxt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Jesse,

I have a significant amt to lose as well.

I have lost about 70 lbs on my own, but gained it all back. That was basically eating low carb, hi protein diet. and working out like a crazy person.

I have lately been considering having either gastric bypass surgery or gastric sleeve. I am wishy washy about it.. one day it's yes, the next is no. I really don't want to do it.. the thought of having my intestines rerouted and stomach basically reconstructed does not appeal to me.

I have "tried" to mcdougall before with little success. I can honestly say my attempts were only a day or two long.

If you are looking for support, maybe we can try it together. I was thinking of doing the MWL or even the Mary Mini.

Take care
Lerxst
Lerxt

Postby smudgemom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Start doing a journal! I "happened" upon McDougall...yes, lost weight, but got side-tracked & gained 50 back. I felt amazing, but I'll admit it's hard now to get the ball rolling again. There's a certain "synergy" when 1 day turns to 1 week turns to 1 month, etc. Jesse, we can do it!! Good luck & keep posting on the forum. "Texascatgal"!
smudgemom

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories