Permit me to introduce myself

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Permit me to introduce myself

Postby Coacervate » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Go Wolfpack (I was a student there in 83! What a great experience). Is the Players Retreat still open on Oberlin...ohhhh those days :eek:

The only thing about the stress test, that was how they determined that I had had a heart attack. Also, subsequent tests showed I had some funny stuff going on with my BP during exercise that would otherwise gone undiscovered. I'd say more info is better.

Nice going, you chemistry looks great! I am harsh about statins but I was on 80 mgs. I daresay that your dose is likely to do more good than harm. The poison is in the dose right?

I studied reversible interactions of molecules. One simple fact is that removing a component (like cholesterol) from solution (like blood) shifts the equilibrium away from the precipitate (plaque) and toward solution. That is my simplistic way of convincing myself that we can clean out the lining of our arteries by keeping cholesterol out of our blood. If you are feeling the angina diminishing then you are winning!

Best of luck.

Oh, right, about the 2 year sweetspot...I hit that date on the 7th of this month. I am of the opinion that I am in a continuing process that is dominated by aging. We're all on a downward escalator watching some folks zip by in an insane hurry to get to baggage claim or somewhere, while we quietly (or not) take a step, one at a time, backing up against the flow. Some of us are thinking about getting a liquid nitrogen dip at the end...Party on Garth!
Coacervate

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories