Blood sugar improvement after 3 months...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Blood sugar improvement after 3 months...

Postby astronaut23 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 pm

I always have normal fasting levels in the mornings but its just the postpradials that can sometimes be a little high now.

Wow...I checked my blood sugar 1 hr after eating 2 cups of oatmeal with a banana and 2 nectarines. The 1 hr reading was 92. Wow...when I started the plant based diet couple months ago the first time I tried oatmeal it was only 1 cup of oats and 1 fruit and it sent my sugar soaring up to 170 1 hr after eating. Amazing. So much for carbohydrates causing diabetes like the low carbers say, huh?. ;-)
astronaut23

Re: Blood sugar improvement after 3 months...

Postby Ruff » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Congratulations!
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby EvanG » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:46 am

Nice work.
-----
Started in June 2012 at 39
Lost 25 lbs. Feel great.
EvanG

Postby KensCircus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:15 pm

astronaut23 wrote:I always have normal fasting levels in the mornings but its just the postpradials that can sometimes be a little high now.

Wow...I checked my blood sugar 1 hr after eating 2 cups of oatmeal with a banana and 2 nectarines. The 1 hr reading was 92. Wow...when I started the plant based diet couple months ago the first time I tried oatmeal it was only 1 cup of oats and 1 fruit and it sent my sugar soaring up to 170 1 hr after eating. Amazing. So much for carbohydrates causing diabetes like the low carbers say, huh?. ;-)
See!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! :nod:
I just saw your post right after posting this: http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37944. Definetly on the same page!

Good go!

Ken
Nothing in life is more inhibiting or debilitating than the belief; “I Can’t.”
Nothing in life is more freeing, enabling or successful than the belief; “I Can.”
KensCircus

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories