Its Working!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Its Working!

Postby theresaann » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm only on my 3rd day of total MWL compliance, and for some of you long timers, that might sound SO newbie, lol, but I just have to share what I'm experiencing.

The last two nights I have slept more deeply than I have in longer than I can remember. My cat woke me up a few times, as usual, but I slept so much more deeply between those times. That is a miracle.

Also, last night I woke up to pee THREE times, and I didn't drink any more liquid than usual the day before, so I know a lot of excess water is leaving my body. Same for all day today. And this evening, I am noticeably leaner.

I want to share that this website, shrinkyourself.com, is helping me with my food addiction tendencies, and thats enabling me to stick to this diet more than I've ever been able to in the past.

This is only the 3rd day. I'm so excited to see whats coming. God bless!
theresaann

Re: Its Working!

Postby FranH » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 pm

:-D Keep it up, it just gets better! It's so great that you are getting noticeable changes so quickly - that makes it SO much easier to stay on track. Keep us posted!!
~ Visualize Whirled Peas ~
FranH

Postby Vegankit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby KensCircus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 am

Welcome aboard, Theresaann!!

I’m afraid, however, that I must warn you; the getting better part – never ends. (Or, at least so far, I see no end in sight.)

I started 25 years ago in 1988. My health has been on a steady continuous accent ever since. Now at age 61, I’m healthier, stronger, have more energy, stamina and am more agile than I was at 50 and more at 50 than at 40 and at 40 more than at 30. Simply; I’m “younger”, feel better and am more capable now – at 61 than I was at 30 and I have no idea where the peak is!

I do not know how old you are, but regardless; if you keep this up - look out because you are on the road to an amazing life!

Ken
Nothing in life is more inhibiting or debilitating than the belief; “I Can’t.”
Nothing in life is more freeing, enabling or successful than the belief; “I Can.”
KensCircus

Postby JulieS » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 am

Welcome, Theresaann! It is great that you seem so tuned into your body and how it reacts. Are you doing the MWL or the regular McDougall? Thanks for the link and I'll check it out!!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby theresaann » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 am

Yea!!! Thank you for your responses, you guys are my heroes!

I'm doing the maximum weight loss program really strictly, ie, not cheating on the fats and fruits recommendation. But my gosh, I am SO happy and FULL eating as much as I want of delicious, satisfying potatoes (sweet potatoes-OMG. Even my daughter is stealing mine-with nothing on 'em!), whole grains (oatmeal for breakfast-thats when I have the allowed fats and fruits usually) and loads of veggies. I AM IN HEAVEN.

I realized today as I'm eating a baked potato topped with an asian salad I made, then water sauteed just now with thai seasoning on top, that we are NOT meant to feel hungry. That creates STRESS which releases CORTISOL and makes us metabolically unbalanced and unhappy. How did the world get SO a** backward about nutrition??

God bless everyone! I'm looking forward to the "better and better". I can feel it in my heart :)
theresaann

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 am

That's very inspiring! Keep it up!
proverbs31woman

Postby theresaann » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 pm

I forgot to say, I'm 48 and about 145 at 5'5". My "normal" weight is 115-120. I have been working out 3-5X/week, without fail, hard since literally january 2 this year (I know what to do, used to train folks) and it didn't make me lose one OUNCE of chubb. I got stronger and more toned under the fat, but the fat didn't budge.

When I found shrinkyourself.com after chef AJ mentioned it, I realized that while my metabolism may have slowed down, the fact is I'm a food addict and without getting control of that, no diet would work. I so wanted to be able to adhere to Dr. Mcdougalls suggestions, but would cave all the time to those emotional cravings. That program helped me be able to stick with this, and after only a few days! That and prayer (I'm a believing Christian). So NOW I can stick to it. and, man, does it WORK!

I"m sure so many of you know the extreme frustration that comes from aging combined with maddening cravings equaling a very depressing inability to lose weight. And then the joy when eating as much starch as you want and the fat starts coming off! Hooray! This program is a life saver.

If anyone is struggling with food addiction (probably most are to some degree) check out that program at shrinkyourself.com. You can just download the free ebook. That alone helped me so much.

God bless!
theresaann

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories