The Look of a McDougall'er at Goal

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The Look of a McDougall'er at Goal

Postby smudgemom » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am

I've been scouring over the Testimonies & Success Stories all weekend. The goal-weight stories are so very inspiring!

One thing struck me over & over again. Ya'll have a definite look....what is it? You don't look like you've ever been heavy before....even the 100+ success stories. It's a look where Nature WANTED you to be.

I hope this makes sense. Of course the quick-loss/surgery dieters have the extra skin, etc., but it's the luminosity of the skin that's recognizable. Line up a dozen folks that have had large weight loss & I can spot the plant-based weight loss ones immediately.

I'm about to embark on a journey of 50-60 pounds...Thank you Success Stories for guiding me! :-D
smudgemom

Re: The Look of a McDougall'er at Goal

Postby ronald11103 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 am

Smudgemom, welcome to the forum! Be sure to take before and after photos so we can see the same "you've ever been heavy before" look on you! (I forgot to do it!)
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby theresaann » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Yea! You will do it! We will do it!

btw, my sister had bariatric surgery. She was at the lowest allowable BMI for that procedure (meaning she was the least obese they allow to get it). She lost about 75lbs in this past year and felt so good about herself that she started exercising and is now literally leaner than she's been since maybe age 12.

She's thrilled but her legs and abdomen are like jelly skin. I tried to tell her before she did it that it would disrupt nutrient absorption resulting in an inability of the skin to rebound with such rapid weight loss. So, I've seen it first hand. whole food, plant/starch based, low fat is the only way to go.
theresaann

Postby veggie lover » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes, they do all look so good! I can hardly wait for Norm's Success Story to appear on this site!
veggie lover

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories