6 wks and very happy with labs, BP and ultrasound!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

6 wks and very happy with labs, BP and ultrasound!

Postby tjrobert » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Started off vegetarian on 4/15, then found Dr. McDougall online and began his diet. Prior to this I was low carb on and off for a few years. Not quite 100% compliant on the McDougall Diet (still having a glass of wine on the weekend). I can't give any credit of these results to losing weight because I was able to maintain the same weight (I'm 55 yrs. old, 5'2"/112 lbs., so my wt. is OK). Cholesterol is now 148! Down from 207, difference of 59 pts. I have never had it this low since they started testing me. HDL is 51, LDL is 74, but my triclycerides are 165, up from 94. My doctor said they were high, but advised me to stay on the diet. Wrote to Dr. McDougall with my results and he said high was 300 and my numbers looked good. So I'm totally thrilled!!! I really feel that the food that I am eating is improving my health. Also, had a issue with blood pressure and actually 2 years ago, I was on BP meds. I asked to come off because I thought it was "white coat syndrome". I still felt that when I went to the doctor recently and had my at-home results, but the nurse said I would be surprised. My BP was 112/78. Actually had a couple of home reading that she thought might be too low. And another thing, I've had a thryroid nodule and was on Levoxyl for many years, 15+. Asked to come off 2 yrs. ago and the thyroid was the same size. A week before my labs, I had an ultrasound done and the thyroid actually shrunk! That has never happened. When I was on the medication it either stayed the same or grew. I plan to stay on the diet to keep improving my health.
tjrobert

Re: 6 wks and very happy with labs, BP and ultrasound!

Postby JulieS » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Great results! That is really inspiring!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby Cassaba » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 am

Congratulations! What a great testimony!
Cassaba

Postby glassbird » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Congrats! And I am delighted to see someone else from my neck of the woods, too!
glassbird

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories