It Works :) Size 14+ to 4

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: It Works :)

Postby Jenna » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 am

You look awesome! Nice job!! I love the difference between your first after picture and your current picture. I am about where you were at your first after picture, and I feel great, but I can't wait to get to where you are in your current picture. :)

Thanks for the encouraging update!
Jenna
Jenna

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 am

SweetPea wrote:Thank you to everyone on this forum for freely sharing information, encouragement, and testimonials. And especially, thanks to Dr. McDougall for making the process of eating healthfully much simpler than I knew it could be. I wasn’t confident at first that I could lose this much weight (47 pounds so far) without extraordinary measures, but I have, and it’s been so straightforward overall. I love the sense of calm I now have about meals, eating food that’s delicious and healthy, feeling so optimistic and energized about the future, and of course ~ my results.

Feel free to check out my journal, where I post meal pics and aim to highlight my journey into exercise (and eating more veggies). :-D

Wow! You look really good. Keep up the good work! Image
Last edited by eXtremE on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby SweetPea » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks, Jenna!! As I'm about to turn 40, it feels especially good to give gravity less to mess with (among other positive results!). ;-D I'm excited for you! It really is worth all the effort.

Thanks very much, eXtremE!
~♥~ It's never too late to go after what you want. ~♥~
SweetPea

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:11 pm

@ SweetPea , have you started your journey into the exercise yet? This diet and WOE should give you plenty of energy to power thru your workouts. I think eating right and exercise are the two most important things you can do for your health. :)
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby SweetPea » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 am

Hi eXtremE. My energy levels have definitely improved on this plan, and jumped a bit more once I lost the first 40 pounds or so. That was an unexpected bonus. :-D

I've been slowly working up to cardio 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes or so, with pops of bodyweight exercise for 10 minutes or so almost daily. I love it. And lots of room to grow. :)
SweetPea

Postby JennyParsley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Great new pictures SweetPea, you are looking FAB-U-LOUS!!! You are so very inspiring to me on my push to reach a much lower BMI goal. Rock on sistah! :D
JennyParsley

Postby SweetPea » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi, Jenny! Thank you so much!!! :-D
SweetPea

Postby wkriski » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 am

Wow what a bod, congrats!
wkriski

Postby SweetPea » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks, wkriski! :) I love your recent journal posting ~ that list of meals you eat frequently illustrates perfectly why I can see eating this way for the long haul. :-D
SweetPea

Postby Vada » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 am

You look amazing and have got to feel great too! Thanks for the inspiration!
Vada

Vada

Postby SweetPea » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Thank you so much, Vada! I am feeling great! Being at my high school weight hasn't meant reverting entirely to my 18-year-old looks (a girl can dream :lol:), but I feel much healthier than I did at that age, which is pretty exciting.

And congrats on your own progress!! :-D
SweetPea

Re: It Works :) Size 14+ to 4

Postby SweetPea » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:38 am

New Before & After pics added to my original post. :) Cheers!
SweetPea

Postby PineappleTraci » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 pm

SweetPea, you look gorgeous! I just saw the blue-dress-pics on page 2. Really looks like the body you were always meant to have.

And I know what you mean about having internet stage fright! Perhaps when I turn 40 (less than a year away for me now also!) I will bite the bullet and also post a few "see how well this WOE has treated me" pictures. Isn't it just the coolest to have a better body at 39 than you ever did in your 20s??

Rock on, chica, rock on!
PineappleTraci

Postby SweetPea » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you, PineappleTraci! Yes, feeling healthy and energized and better at 40 than I did at 30 or 20 has been an amazing experience. Thank you, potatoes! :D

I would love to read your story and see pictures. The more real people getting really healthy results and posting about them, the merrier! :-D
SweetPea

Postby Geeneeus1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Sweat Pea,

Well done and thanks so much for posting this!

I started at 178lbs and am at 143 right now (about 10 months into a starch based lifestyle). While I have many reasons to be excited about the upcoming year, your post has given me a bit more to be hyped up about :)

Cheers!
Geeneeus
Geeneeus1

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories