Lost weight and off of meds...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Lost weight and off of meds...

Postby enduro_vegan » Mon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Hello all!

New to the board! I’ve always been physically active with extreme endurance sports and ate the typical Western diet that we’re all familiar with. No matter how hard I trained, I couldn’t ever drop the weight I wanted and I was also medicated for a number of ailments that never went away! My wife and I became vegetarians and then finally became oil-free vegans after finding Dr. MacDougall, Jeff Novick, Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. Fuhrman- basically the whole Vegsource crew’s material.

I’m 5’8” and I used to weigh 210lbs and my cholesterol was at a sickening 200 mg/dL. I now weigh 149lbs and my recent cholesterol is 136 mg/dL and my triglycerides are 75. Beautiful!! I am still a triathlete and actually feel like one instead of fighting to feel healthy even though I was training so hard. I used to use a c-pap (no longer so) and took meds for hypertension and acid reflux that I’m now coming off of. All my doctors are so surprised that a “diet” is making all of these positive changes.

My wife has MS and was diagnosed about 10 years ago and since moving to this lifestyle, she administers no medication any longer and the MRI’s show NOTHING! Thank God that we found these wonderful folks that are changing lives. See you all around the forum!!
enduro_vegan

Re: Lost weight and off of meds...

Postby soul food » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Wonderful!

soul food
soul food

Postby veggie lover » Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm

That's awesome! I never tire of reading these success stories! And everyone is always so thrilled to finally stumble on to this and have this way of eating heal their bodies!!! I wish we could get the word out faster somehow!

How did you discover it? Watching Forks Over Knives?
veggie lover

Postby enduro_vegan » Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am

Kind of a gradual transition with a lot of research and Dr. Campbell's book "The China Study". We did watch "Forks...", but we were well into the lifestyle at that point. We are very happy!
enduro_vegan

Postby greentea » Sun May 12, 2013 2:58 pm

That's wonderful news for the two of you! Glad your doing well.
greentea

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories