5th day of starch based, no oil, no animal products eating..

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 5th day of starch based, no oil, no animal products eati

Postby astronaut23 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Not to mention if its true that dietary fat causes insulin resistance then imagine what eating a extremly low carb diet of 60 to 70 percent fat is gonna do to increase insulin resistance thats even worse than the SAD or even the ADA diet of 30 percent fat calories and we know how those diets continue to kill people.

I mean it doesnt even make common sense to me if you think about it that a diet of meat, fowl, fish, cheese, and eggs and avoiding all but the lowest carb veggies and even then no more than 12 grams of carbs per meal is healthy...I have no doubt after watching forks over knives that plant based nutrition in some form whether is Mcdougall or whatever is the ticket to better health verses an animal product based diet or even eating a mixed diet of animal products and. I admit I was part of the whole paleo diet and low carb and everything for the last year and my blood sugar was great but not my cholesterol and heart health I'm sure...

You know what the low carbers all say...that eating dietary cholesterol is good for you....that what they really believe....they boast about how they like saturated fat on their message boards. And some will even eat sticks of butter like this dude named Steve Cooksey who runs a website called diabeteswarrior.com He's crazy imo...he boasts that he eats saturated fat and cholesterol for heart health. Yes he advised diabetic to eat the way he eats...high fat, high saturated fat, high cholesterol, high protein...we are talking like 180 grams of saturated fat a day along with 140 grams of animal protein he posted on his fitday where he was tracking his calorie intack and advises this as a great diet because its what our paleolithic ancestors ate...to me advising diabetics or anyone to eat 70 percent of calories for saturated fat is terrible...heart attacks and strokes...you name it....sounds like dangerous advise.

He has even done experiments where he went several days eating an all fat diet of nothing but eating butter and coconut oil and seeing the effect it had on blood sugar control. He says blood sugar control is the key to long term health and that means keeping blood sugar under 100 at all times and mostly always in the 80's...wheres a McDougall video I watched said diabetic control is much more than just lowering blood sugar...afterall what good is keeping blood sugar under 100 at all times if you are filling up your arteries full of fat and cholesterol to do it. Doesn't make any sense if you think about it...thats called being fixated on one number and not looking at overall health.

In the minds of low carbers its healthier to eat a stick of butter than to eat sweet potatoes because after all a stick of butter is pretty low glycemic its not gonna raise blood sugar much if at all...lol
astronaut23

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories