Blood pressure lowest in years

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Blood pressure lowest in years

Postby BlueHeron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 am

deleted
Last edited by BlueHeron on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueHeron

Re: Blood pressure lowest in years

Postby ronald11103 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am

Image Image
The more I do and learn about this way of eating, the less confidence I have in the medical profession. I needed to see my doctor a couple of years ago because I hurt myself doing something (forgot what) and had to see a different doc because it was my doc's day off. He saw my (then) high cholesterol numbers and told me my ONLY choice was to take statins or get heart disease!

Keep up the good work BlueHeron!
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby NoMasChaos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Congratulations! It's so great to be free of the battle with the doctor! I have been in a standoff with my PCP who I used to really be crazy about, but our relationship has deteriorated a lot in the past five years. Anyway, she is always trying her best to diagnose me with high blood pressure based on one or two slightly high readings in the office. I've always had a bit of "white coat" syndrome. Anyway, I do check my bp at home now, especially before I have to go to the MD because if it is running high I want some advance notice! I hadn't checked it in a couple months and just did when I got home from work; it was 108/72. I'm not going to argue with those numbers. My PCP can bite me :-) I know it's going to continue dropping so next time I go to the MD even if it reads a bit higher, it should be well within her accepted range.

Getting back to the point - congratulations!!! I hope you get to rub your doctor's face in it :-)
"cuz i know the biggest crime is just to throw up your hands, say this has nothing to do with me, i just want to live as comfortably as i can" - Ani Difranco
NoMasChaos

Postby flabingo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Congratulations! You have to understand that they do not make much money, when through prevention and behavior causes you to have good health. Medical schools are expensive, and the thought that we may not need them, is a problem to them. Imagine being a skilled cardiovascular surgeon without any customers?
I read that only 2% of Americans are vegetarian. That surprised me.
flabingo

Postby VegMommy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Wonderful! Congratulations!!

After deciding to go McDougall I stopped my Benicar (without doctor supervision...not recommended, lol), and after THREE DAYS on McDougall my blood pressure was 110 over 65. (It was 160/90 before meds, and usually around 124 over 84 on meds.)

Don't be too hard on doctors. They only know what they learn. AND...a lot of people (most people?) would rather take a pill than change their lives.
VegMommy

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories