31 lbs down and loving it!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

31 lbs down and loving it!

Postby lindbergb74 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 am

The first twenty pounds was great, but reaching thirty pounds of weight loss really makes me proud. It has been almost seven or eight years since I was at this weight. I'm so happy about my success I want to tell everyone, but no one really cares, oh well.

I would like to lose weight faster but this will do. Some times I think it may take a year or more for me to reach my ideal, but that would be just fine. Especially knowing I have achieved all this with ease.

I don't count calories, I do eat MWL often but not exclusively, I'm still overeating at least once daily but on plan only (I really want to stop overeating), I still have not committed to an exercise program and I'm the only one in my house that has been able to stick to the program though everyone in my house has tried.

If i lose ten more pounds I will achieve a weight that I have not been for nearly twenty years and I want to hit that weight before summer and keep on going down. This has been great fun. I'm wearing a pair of pants tonight that I had been keeping in hopes that I would eventually lose enough weight. Most of my work clothes are too big for me to wear anymore I can hold out the waist like they do in the "after" pictures on weight loss advertisements. Blah Blah Blah....

If you are just starting this diet, trust me, stick to the plan this thing really works especially for guys!
lindbergb74

Re: 31 lbs down and loving it!

Postby ronald11103 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Norm wrote:
lindbergb74 wrote: I'm so happy about my success I want to tell everyone, but no one really cares, oh well.

Not true! Those of us here never tire of hearing of people who try this way of eating and find success! Never!

Amen Norm! However, I've found that while people in my personal life are impressed, they really don't care! However, I do care and this way of eating works for me!

Congratulations lindbergb74! Image
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby JohnLarson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Awesome.

It really is all about the jeans. The jeans being too big! :D

Reading other people's success and not so success stories help me. I feel like we are in this together, so put me in the group that cares.

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Postby lindbergb74 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks for the comments I really like talking about this WOE but I'm prohibited from talking about it at home so this forum helps me out.
lindbergb74

Postby JohnLarson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 pm

My wife is over me talking about it. The one friend I attempt to talk to about this WOE thinks it is like Atkins. He also is a type 2 diabetic and having to take insulin before every meal and before bed, plus has all sorts of other meds. He is getting older and older each week. I really do not even like talking about this WOE to him anymore as he just frustrates me.

So this web site and Facebook is the only places I get to share my thoughts. It can be said the I have a thinking problem...

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories