longest looser

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

longest looser

Postby lindbergb74 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Has any one heard of longest looser? We had this at my work and thanks to McDougall I got second place and won $150!
I had been searching for a diet plan that would work for me and had been considering 80 10 10 or raw vegan. I knew I could not afford to eat only fresh fruit but I wanted to go with high carb low fat. I was watching durianrider on YouTube and he mentioned McDougall as a good low fat high carb solution. I checked it out and fell in love instantly. I love this diet. I never imagined I could loose weight eat in rice and potatoes. I won't be happy until my whole family is on this diet. :-) :-) :-)
lindbergb74

Re: longest looser

Postby lulu_speg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Congrats on your second place prize! I used to follow 80/10/10 on-and-off when I had the funds to support my habit (I mean, it would be totally manageable on just dates and bananas but my desire for fruit variety totally exploded my budget....). :) It's great that you found McDougall through durianrider as well; he's really doing great things by promoting other like-minded high-carb diets.
lulu_speg

Postby Healthiswealth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 am

Congratulations! Nice little chunk of change too on top of the recognition of your weight loss - and of course the inherent win of losing the wright while feeling wonderfully satisfied!

So happy to hear props for Durianrider!

I feel like he "gave me permission" to start this wonderful way of eating.

I had been trying to stay 80/10/10 for so many years. Always loved the concept. But my pattern was so unhealthy. I would start to feel deprived and burdened and would buy deli made meatloaf and other heavy items filed with saturated fats. Then I'd religiously swing back to 80/10/10. I got heavier and heavier. When I saw Durianrider's video talking about The Starch Solution, I felt liberated.

Ever since I have not had any problems staying true to this way of eating. I'm dropping weight and I feel every bit a good as I did on my best raw days.

Even better, I no longer obsess about food at all.
Healthiswealth

Postby ♥ Amy ♥ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 am

Great job winning the contest! How fun!! Hopefully this keeps you motivated for the future. :D
*Restart 12.28.13*
My Journal
♥ Amy ♥

Postby lindbergb74 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Now if only I could spell "loser" :oops:
I got second place for the men at my company. The first time I stepped on the scale I was so embarrassed. I really feel a lot better now. I'm on just on the overweight side of a healthy BMI and my goal is to get to the middle of the healthy BMI range. Some people ask me why I am doing this. The best answer I can give is that I want to see some grand kids and great grand kids. :D

Thank you all for the kind words.
lindbergb74

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories