Thank you

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Thank you

Postby politz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I just wanted to say thank you. My daughter was dignosed with PFIC, a rare liver disease at the age of 2, she had extreme effects like excessive scratching and not sleeping with poor eating, failure to thrive. I watched your movie and loved it, it made me think, and think. I placed her on a whole foods diet with NO DAIRY which is the kicker I found, absolutely no dairy in breads, cereals, anything that she put in her mouth we questioned. Now after 1 year of our special diet, her scratching has stopped, I mean completely, she is sleeping all night, loves to eat now, and gained weight now in the 15% percentile! Her doctors are stunned by her results, they are questioning her diagnose! Her blood work is stunning and she is now off her rifampicin, and half doses of ursodol until finished. I wanted to spread the word. I believed in this diet and it worked, I love all you that are involved. Please pass it on, I am so happy and owe you everything for your wonderful knowledge. Unreal, what we have been through and now this happy ending!
politz

Re: Thank you

Postby veggie lover » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am

Wow, that's amazing! Thank you for sharing your story!!
veggie lover

Postby ronald11103 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 am

politz wrote:Her doctors are stunned by her results, they are questioning her diagnose!

Isn't that the way it always works (or so it seems)?? They question their original diagnosis rather than consider diet and nutrition could play any part! It's great news though! Thanks for sharing.
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby carollynne » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:33 am

wow, this is just so wonderful to hear, thanks for telling us. It is a marvelous way to reinforce what we all practice as McDougallers! Very very happy for your daughter. It is amazing how the animal free way of eating has cured your daughter. Just think of what else it can do for your family too.

Again thanks for sharing with us. Great news!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby happyleo1000 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 am

That is truly life changing for you and your family, I am so happy for you, thanks for sharing as it just further confirms that I have made the right decision, and sometimes you just need extra confirmation :-D :-D :-D
happyleo1000

Postby ♥ Amy ♥ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 am

Thank you so much for sharing!! What a life changing choice and it really shows how much you love your family and daughter to take care of her with this diet.

Really amazing!
*Restart 12.28.13*
My Journal
♥ Amy ♥

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories