Shout-out to Cloudy Rockwell...and all the Success Stories!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Shout-out to Cloudy Rockwell...and all the Success Stories!

Postby faithfirst » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm

I just read your success story, and it is awesome. So much of what you said really hit home for me. I printed it out and will save it.

These success stories are so inspirational to those of us new on this journey. I am going to print out as many as I can and keep them in a folder! They will be there for times when I really need some inspiration/reminders. I don't know one single person personally who is eating the way I am, so it's good to know you are around!
faithfirst

Re: Shout-out to Cloudy Rockwell...and all the Success Stori

Postby f1jim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:38 pm

I have had the privilege of meeting Cloudy(Frozenveg) in person. She is one of literally dozens of success stories that I have met personally at McDougall events. Each one of them is another reinforcement of my own experience with this way of eating. She, like the others, turned their entire life upsidedown healthwise with the changes they made. She is living, breathing, walking proof that this is the real deal. It's one thing to read about success stories and wonder...it's another thing to meet them, talk to them and then interact over the years with them. It turns the experience from a giant infomercial to reality. If I were King for a day I'd take all of these people, stick them on a bus, and tour the country and let them tell their stories to everyone. In a way I guess that's the idea Dr. McDougall had for these stories. But reality is so much more tangible and credible. If you get the chance to attend one of these events take the time to pull them aside and bend their ear. Ask questions and get answers. What you find is there is no magic. Put one foot in front of the other and follow the well worn path. It worked for Cloudy and it will work for you.
Just so you know she looks better in person than the pictures we see here. The human "stories" I have met are all marvelous examples of healing and transformation.
Don't let the fact that the world around you eats differently. That world is changing, even if it's not fast enough for many of us. The way the world has been eating for the last 50 years is a blip on the chart of history. We are on the march back to sanity one person at a time. The big question is are you that next person?
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby faithfirst » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm

James, thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Yes, I will be the next one! :-D

But where is your success story? I scrolled twice and couldn't find it. I notice some are under different headings that don't mention the names of the Star Mcdougallers. Where can I find it? Thanks!
faithfirst

Postby f1jim » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Mine is under my name...James Brown
I know I'm in the list of videos when you choose Star McDougallers. I am between John Roberts and Karen Barrow.
Like you, these people keep my motivation high.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby faithfirst » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:18 pm

ok, thanks! I was looking in the wrong place - at the print testimonies, not the videos!
faithfirst

Postby faithfirst » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

I found your video! AWESOME! Wow, you need to get that in the written testimonies too, for nerds like me who print out everything!

I haven't ordered the Starch Solution like I was going to...but I'm going onto amazon right now.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. I hope to lose 50+ pounds and get off my 100 mg. Losartan Potassium tablets for my high blood pressure. I believe I can do this.
faithfirst

Postby jewagar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm

I would love to meet Star McDougallers, but his Discussion Board is the next best thing. Thank you for the inspiration!
Last edited by jewagar on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want peace, be sure everyone's dignity is intact." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
jewagar

Postby JennT » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:10 pm

f1jim wrote:We are on the march back to sanity one person at a time. The big question is are you that next person?
f1jim

I love this thought. Can I use this in my signature line?
...put one foot in front of the other & repeat...
JennT

Postby f1jim » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd be honored to have you use it.
f1jim
f1jim

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories