I Survived Vacation

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I Survived Vacation

Postby cnthelgt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:10 pm

My husband and I booked a cruise prior to me changing my eating habits. But I decided to not use this as an excuse to go crazy and blow everything out of the water. While I didn't eat any meat (as the thought of it disgusts me now) I made the best choices I could, some of them were vegetarian based on only options.
I feel this is a huge success for me as before I would have eaten everything in sight. Also, cruising may not be the best idea for vacations anymore :)
cnthelgt
cnthelgt

Re: I Survived Vacation

Postby rosesnowm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Good eating habits are very good.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
rosesnowm

Postby TerriT » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:24 am

Good for you! That sounds like a great first step. I think you'll find that eating away from home becomes easier with practice.
TerriT

Postby Vegankit » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 am

cnthelgt, that's an excellent start. It gets easier with time as you have more practice under your belt.

I recommend that you read through old posts in Jeff Novick's forum, the lounge and food/recipes. You'll find lots of ideas and tips on how to manage eating away from home, even on cruise ships.

I found it was most effective to think ahead and plan to what I would do under all kinds of situations.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories