Little big victories

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Little big victories

Postby pamplemousse » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi all,
I'm just freshly released to the wild after the 5-day last week in Santa Rosa and want to report some small victories that are big encouragement to me, so might be for others too!

The first is that prior to eating this way, I had horrible acid reflux to the point that I couldn't sleep properly and had to prop myself up with pillows to get any "z"s at all. It was miserable and I knew I was damaging my throat terribly, among other things.

Just 3 days into the program, I was able to lie flat and zonk out with NO REFLUX and slept like a log. It was divine.

Secondly, my cravings for refined flour/ sugar snacks have almost completely gone away, which is a BIG relief.

I heard so many great things at the sessions and am trying to keep it simple and do this one day at a time. So far, that mindset is working great for me.

I came home and hoped to weigh myself for my "before" weight but the scale's batteries have run out.

Thank you all so much and thanks also to everyone who has posted success here in the past. Great to read these posts.

Kate
"Artists understand that they have the power, through gifts, innovation and love, to create a new story, one that's better than the old one." - Seth Godin
pamplemousse

Re: Little big victories

Postby AnnGriff » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Yea Kate- I am glad you are here!!! I am still new to the boards too. There is so much information here and also encouragement when you need it. Welcome! :)
Andrea
AnnGriff

Postby JohnLarson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm

It is amazing how quickly we feel the changes.

Welcome here.

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Postby Vegankit » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Isn't it amazing what a healthy diet can do? Good to see that you are seeing such quick and positive response.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby pamplemousse » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Wow, thanks you guys! Looking forward to reading more about you and your successes!
"Artists understand that they have the power, through gifts, innovation and love, to create a new story, one that's better than the old one." - Seth Godin
pamplemousse

Postby zalliecatslp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am

pamplemousse wrote:Hi all,
I'm just freshly released to the wild after the 5-day last week in Santa Rosa and want to report some small victories that are big encouragement to me, so might be for others too!

The first is that prior to eating this way, I had horrible acid reflux to the point that I couldn't sleep properly and had to prop myself up with pillows to get any "z"s at all. It was miserable and I knew I was damaging my throat terribly, among other things.

Just 3 days into the program, I was able to lie flat and zonk out with NO REFLUX and slept like a log. It was divine.

Secondly, my cravings for refined flour/ sugar snacks have almost completely gone away, which is a BIG relief.

I heard so many great things at the sessions and am trying to keep it simple and do this one day at a time. So far, that mindset is working great for me.

I came home and hoped to weigh myself for my "before" weight but the scale's batteries have run out.

Thank you all so much and thanks also to everyone who has posted success here in the past. Great to read these posts.

Kate

hi kate. congratulations on your victories! in my opinion those little things are BIG. ...kind of like stockings at christmas where you can find the most valuable treasures...haha. acid reflux is serious...especially since it was affecting your sleep. isn't it interesting how addressing one problem can solve many others?
and i can relate to the sugar thing. after "detoxing" (i put that in quotes because i feel dramatic compared to the detox drug addicts and alcoholics go through) for 3 days from sugar and caffeine i felt great. the migraines and nausea were worth it. i never thought i would look at a piece of chocolate and be able to take it or leave it. :)
"Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it; It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own."-Baz Luhrmann
zalliecatslp

Postby pamplemousse » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 am

zalliecatslp,
Thanks so much! I have first-hand experience of detoxing from alcohol, cigarettes and sugar and have to say that sugar is as gnarly as ANY of them, so I wouldn't pooh-pooh it.

It's very sweet to be getting all this sleep and feeling better. I'm sharper at work and hopefully nicer to be around too. :)
pamplemousse

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories