apart frm weight loss - skin and hair improvements?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

apart frm weight loss - skin and hair improvements?

Postby Janey1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 am

Hi, I would love to hear from and/or see pics of people who started this way of eating and got more beautiful/handsome, apart from just getting thinner. Yes, its vanity at work here. Does this way of eating make you young and gorgeous? Does skin get tighter and hair more lustrous? Do eyes shine and nails grow? Do lips get fuller? Wrinkles evaporate? Wanna hear it! (But only tell the truth. I can take it).
Janey1

Re: apart frm weight loss - skin and hair improvements?

Postby blue » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:03 am

There have been other improvements in addition to the weight loss--dark circles under my eyes are gone, facial swelling and inflammation has gone down (my cheekbones are visible again), and the color in my face is better. Overall I just look like I feel better...and people I run into who haven't seen me in a while definitely comment on that. :)

My hair does seem thicker but that may be a result of my feeling better and spending more time on it.

No change in my nails--they are just as brittle as ever.
Success using WFPB diet to avoid steroid treatment for polymyalgia rheumatica. I don't hurt anymore :)
blue

Postby MommaLuna » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 am

Crazy but I think I wrote blue's response but somehow it got published under her name. :lol:

Everything she wrote I agree with totally. My skin is vibrant and healthy, I think saggy after the 40+ pound weight loss nearly three years ago, but people I haven't seen for awhile say I never age. And at 65 this is great to hear!!

Also like her, the brittle nails just don't change. :(

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby pmayne » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I can chime in here -- my hair got thicker (and a lot more curly, go figure), my skin tone improved, my under-eye circles got better (seemed to correlate very strongly with how much veg I eat), my nails got stronger, etc. I think it really does help with appearance beyond weight. There's a recent pic of the McDougalls on Jeff Novick's FB page, and I was really struck with Mary's hair. Thick and lustrous, and SO shiny ...

It *does* make you more beautiful! Not to mention the attractiveness of a person who's radiantly healthy. Believe it!

Pam
pmayne

Postby 20-20 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am

Eyes.
Last edited by 20-20 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
20-20

Postby 20-20 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 am

Arthritis.
20-20

Postby frowsyowl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:11 am

I feel like smiling more! I think that counts. I'm still in the beginning stages, but this weekend, my husband said that I looked "radiant". (He can be a little heavy handed with the compliments though) :)
frowsyowl

Postby frowsyowl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

I forgot to say, that my nails usually improve (I credit the vegetables)--at least that's happened in the past. And I don't feel like biting them when I'm eating well.
frowsyowl

Postby LoriLynn » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am

My hair feels thicker, healthier, curlier and grows longer. For the first time in decades, I don't need to give it a permanent to add body and fullness. My nails seem to be about the same.

My favorite "vanity" benefit is that my husband's breath got a whole lot better after switching to this WOE.

I hardly ever wear deodorant anymore and my skin definitely isn't oily all the time.
LoriLynn

Postby nancylouise » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I have trouble with nails separating and I think if I remember to oil them more they will improve. I put my hands in water so much and forget that.
nancylouise

Postby wildgoose » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 am

Rosacea is GONE. Went back to the dermatologist after 6 months of no meds and this WOE -- he says I'm in total remission. I had it for over 30 years, and now I don't.

Goose
My story: MWL works!
How I determined my "goal weight"
wildgoose

Postby soul food » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow wildgoose that is great news.

soul food
soul food

Postby pundit999 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:09 am

I used to have rashes on several fingers on my hands. They would get dry and cracks would appear. Sometimes they bled.
I used to put steroid creams to heal them but they would reappear.

After starting this woe rashes went away for good after two months.
pundit999

Postby Katydid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 am

You can see pictures of the old me under my Star McDougaller profile (link below signature) and of the current me here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29235&hilit=Size+six&start=30

I feel great, I'm positively glowing with health, and my high beta-carotene rich diet has given me a permanent 'spray tan' even in winter.

I'm never going to be anyone's idea of female beauty, but my insides are downright gorgeous - and to me, that's what really counts. :D

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby skane9041 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am

I'm still pretty new at this, it's only been about 3 weeks, but literally within 2 days I noticed a difference in my skin. I never had acne growing up but somehow when I hit fifty last year I started getting huge hard painful bumps on my chin and face. Hmmmm....this is around the same time my Dr. started pushing the whole "Greek Yogurt is the best thing on the planet for you" thing. I totally bought into it, after all that is what is constantly touted as the miracle food these days.

As soon as I cut out the dairy I could not believe the INSTANT change in my skin, it glows and bumps I have been unsuccessfully trying to get rid of since Christmas are gone! :eek:
Sandi
----------------------

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."...Leo Tolstoy
skane9041

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories