Help! Sneaking non-plan food; dislike healthy tastes

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Help! Sneaking non-plan food; dislike healthy tastes

Postby f1jim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

Another thing to keep in mind is that you will feel that somehow you are different and what you are experiencing no one else can understand. You are going through what EVERYONE that gives up the junk food goes through. If you are immersed in junk food healthy items will initially taste bland and tasteless. Most everyone feels this way. It's completely normal behavior to see your weakness staying on the plan as some manifestation of weakness only you posses. Most people initially feel like they can't do this. The food has too much of a stranglehold on you. There is no possible way you can ever get through this.
You can. If you eat healthy this morning you will face those choices this afternoon. If you eat healthy this afternoon you will have those choices tonight. Each meal you successfully tackle with healthy food makes it easier at the following meal. Do it enough and you will have beaten the addictions these foods have on us. Smokers, drinkers, drug addicts all go through these issues. They all seem hopeless at the beginning but day by day they overcome them till their bodies find their proper balance. You can not only do this but get to a point you would never go back. Change is hard. Familiar is easy. Make the new you familiar and you have won the battle. But don't believe anyone that says it's not a battle. It is. Are you up for it or would things be easier next year? Maybe the year after that? At some point, when you have discovered what must be done, you arrive at the point you are willing to commit to this battle. It becomes too important to you to not take on the fight.
Are you there yet? It's not just wanting to be healthy, it's not just wanting to be thin. It's being willing to run the gauntlet to get to those goals. It's actually easier than you might think once you get rolling. It's just tough to get rolling. When you are ready we are ready to cheer you on. And lots of people scared to take this on will see your success and decide to take it on themselves.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Help! Sneaking non-plan food; dislike healthy tastes

Postby plantstrongS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks! I really appreciate the advice.
plantstrongS

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories