Amazed

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Amazed

Postby Annie1 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 am

OK, I admit it, this old cynic is amazed. I've been vegan for nearly 3 years and apart from the first 6 months (when I was also going through chemotherapy so not sure how much was the diet and how much was the treatment) when I lost 5 stone (70lbs) I've not lost any more weight. Then I discovered Dr McDougall's work and this website. I've been following MWL for 2 weeks (not even very strictly if I'm honest - I have the occasional slice of wholemeal bread and can't abide my porridge (oatmeal) in the morning without 1/4 of the liquid coming from non-dairy milk). So I've weighed at the end of my second week (lost 4lb the first week and thought it was a fluke/fluid loss) and I've lost another 4lb! Not much in the great scheme of things, I know, because I've got another 7 stone (98lb) to go. But what a start and all without being hungry or bored and[b][i] without adding any more exercise to my sedentary lifestyle.[/b][/i]. I'm also amazed at just how much junk food (processed, high fat, high sugar, high salt) I was eating on a vegan diet - you really notice when you start to cut it out. Right, onward now, next challenge is to start building some exercise into my lifestyle - this 8lb I've lost may only be the start of a very long journey but it's been a great motivator. Thanks Dr McDougall et al. :)
Annie1

Re: Amazed

Postby peasouper » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 am

Good luck on your journey Annie. I have been McDougalling for 2 years now, feeling great.

Sue
peasouper

Postby Annie1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks peasouper, can I ask what brought you to McDougalling? Glad to hear that you're feeling great as a result of your 2 years.
Annie1

Postby ~Beth~ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 am

Congrats on the weight loss. Such a great start is a real motivator

Start date: Sept 25, 2012
~Beth~

Postby Dechen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 am

Well done on your great start! Keep going. :-D
https://mostlyfatfreemcdougall.wordpress.com/
Dechen

Location: Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan (halfway between Liverpool and Manchester) Lancashire, UK

Postby Annie1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Hey Beth and Dechen, thanks for the encouragement, I can see that you're both fairly new McDougallers too and doing great, well done. I particularly like it that there are other UK people too - how do you find following some of the recipes on here and fat free vegan in terms of getting the ingredients? I'm doing ok with them but there are a few I haven't been able to find (liquid smoke???)

Perhaps we should get Dr McDougall to think about doing some kind of franchise so that we can get advanced study weekends and live-in programmes over here too.
Annie1

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories