Fibromyalgia ?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Fibromyalgia ?

Postby dlee » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:02 am

Can anyone direct me to anything concerning success at curing or putting in remission Fibromyalgia? I'm sure I read something about this on the web site but now can't find that reference. I have a friend who is a "foodie" I'm trying to convince this woe.would help her. She has just been told this is what she has.Thanks for any help Dlee
dlee

Re: Fibromyalgia ?

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:51 am

This way of eating helps. Anything that increases the blood flow to muscles, and also increases the oxygen and nutrients will help.

That said, I have just finished reading this book: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/divided ... 0060851781
and now you're going to think I'm nuts, but whatever. :? Since I read this book, I have had a dramatic decrease in my burning back pain that I've been told is fibromyalgia.

Someone else in my family had back pain that went away when this person read Dr. Sarno's first book on back pain.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Melinda » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Dr. Sarno's works have helped me tremendously too as well as a good friend of mine. The thing was that if I had a tight spazzed up part of my back, I would continue to focus on it and the pain, and then it would seem to get worse. If I ignored it, it would seem to decrease. Journalling my feelings also helped.
Melinda

Postby Atheria » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:24 am

Being vegan will help a lot, but also your friend needs to get her diet as alkaline as possible from what I've read. She'll need to eat mostly veggies, fruit, and alkaline grains like millet.

Good luck,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Vegankit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Mine went into complete remission following the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Plan - I'm not even sure how long it took - because I felt a reduction in pain and increase in mobility within weeks - but it wasn't until I saw my Rheumatologist a couple of months later that we both realized it was gone.

I don't miss it :D
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby dlee » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks for your replies, I did do a google search too and found confirmation ., I will see her tomorrow so I'll see how she's doing. Dlee
dlee

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories