polymyalgia rheumatica success - pain free for months now

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

polymyalgia rheumatica success - pain free for months now

Postby blue » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 am

One year ago today I began making changes to my diet. I had been suffering with disabling pain and stiffness in the shoulders and hips for several years due to polymyalgia rheumatica and prior to that suffered other inflammatory autoimmune conditions. Summer 2011 I was facing disability from work and longterm steroid treatment. Within 3 weeks on on a whole foods plant based elimination diet my pain was reduced by 80%. After some months on the diet I began having pain free days, but was still experiencing occasional bad flare ups. After 6-7 months the flare ups stopped--I have not had PMR pain since April! :D At that point I didn't feel completely out of the woods...but since then lots of finetuning has been going on as my body has regained strength and health. I no longer react strongly if at all to the foods I determined are triggers for my pain and inflammation. At this point I really do feel healed from the PMR and have a hard time imagining returning to the state of poor health and bad diet that brought all this on in the first place. For those suffering with chronic pain/inflammation from autoimmune conditions, I can't recommend this WOE highly enough! I was successful in avoiding steroid treatment and I still have my job. Thank you Dr. McDougall ;)
Success using WFPB diet to avoid steroid treatment for polymyalgia rheumatica. I don't hurt anymore :)
blue

Re: polymyalgia rheumatica success - pain free for months n

Postby gnadec » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:22 pm

That is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing. I really needed to hear this today.
gnadec

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories