im excited!!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

im excited!!!

Postby absgirl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:31 pm

i came across this plan on july 29 started it that afternoon.
given up meat no problem, i can try no cheese or milk but will see was the attitude.
i have had 1 cube of cheddar cheese to kill a crave and then there was a day i was all messed up n had 8 bbq chicken wings from dominoes w a slice of pizza.i think i ate a small slice of ham before that in a moment of stupidity. i manage to swallow about 2 oz of a pepsi that i thought i wanted but turned out i didnt...all in all i havent tried hard at any of this. i did manage 3 miles on my bike 1 day

today is august 13 2012....im down 10 lbs.i have MS and i feel better! not near as stiff or bloated. ive cut my GERD meds back to every other day with no problem. my kids say that i seem happy n giggly not grumpy. theres a lil pep in my step too--almost a "in-love" feeling.

now if that doesnt motivate ya i dont know what will...i started this with i wanna lose some weight now i changed my mind; now its i like feelin better...the weight thing is just a bonus for me...[but secretly i imagine gettin back into a bikini and lookin good!] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ABSgirl
I have MS but it doesnt have me
GOD HAS A PLAN
my journal==I THINK I CAN DO THIS the journey leading to this point is on page 3
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31040&start=30
absgirl

Re: im excited!!!

Postby Jackie J » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 pm

congratulations!
Jackie J

Postby Grateful2today » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm

That's great! Are you on MWL and can you post what a typical days diet is? Thanks in advance-
Grateful2today

Postby nicoles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Dude, this post ROCKS!Go Absgirl :-D :-D :-D :-D
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby absgirl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm

im livin on potatoes.. :-D
i bake a bunch then refrigerate the ones i dont eat hot with pepper or salsa. later i grab one and eat it like u would a apple.

and beans.. :-D :-D
pinto,great northern and navy mix that i soak over night w bakin soda and in the mornin i put them in the crock for a good 9-10 hours.......no salt or seasons. when done i make a big bowl topped w a dash of ketchup

il grab some fruit here in there like a apple,banana,mango or peach... :lol:

at nite i load up a bowl of baby spring mix w green onion peppers and tomatoes topped w rice vinegar :shock:

breakfast is usually 1 potato and a hour or so later come the beans..ive tossed in some plain brown rice a times...then maybe another hour or so some fruit. i go back to the beans or potatoes if i get hungry again before bedtime. but i always do the salad about a hour before bed first.
i drink nothin but water with 1 slip of some pepsi in the last 2 weeks.
im so proud of myself i probably dont need that priest after all...but at the time of my feelin guilty i just needed comfort :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lol

celebrated tonight..had a piece of whole wheat toast w a smear of sugar free strawberry jelly! :eek: :eek: :D
ABSgirl
GOD HAS A PLAN
my journal==I THINK I CAN DO THIS the journey leading to this point is on page 3
absgirl

Postby Grateful2today » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Wow- that's great- I "hear" that eating potato's can really do that (weight comes off quickly) but I am having such a hard time believing it- I guess it goes contrary to to everything that I have ever heard pounded into my head that carbs/starch's are bad for you :) You are living proof- I am starting the Mary's Mini tomorrow-
Grateful2today

Postby absgirl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 pm

all my friends r baffled by this and dont understand but i feel so good i can move better now!

all i can say is that potatoes r my friend now...

lookin forward to buyin some jeans now who knows maybe il find some skinny jeans lmbo
ABSgirl
GOD HAS A PLAN
absgirl

Postby xtenamarie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:11 pm

absgirl wrote:all i can say is that potatoes r my friend now...

lookin forward to buyin some jeans now who knows maybe il find some skinny jeans lmbo

As a fellow potato lover, I find this very inspirational. I have only been back on the plan for a week but potatoes are definitely my friend too. In fact I had to jump to their defense yesterday after a friend (who is determined to follow the deadly Atkins path) mentioned how unhealthy potatoes are. AAARRRGGGHHH.
xtenamarie

Postby carollynne » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm

I love potates too, I make up a big roaster type of open pan of a variety of types of potatoes, like russet, reds, golds, and some sweets too, and roast them in oven at 375 and eat them all day long and maybe into the next. they seem to keep the wolves at bay of my hunger!
Whenever I do have some bread of any kind of refined flour, I notice that my hunger is not stopped, it takes the whole starch to do it!
So glad that your Ms is getting a lot better too.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby karencastle » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Congratulations!!! My husband and i have been on the plan since February. It was a little hard at first,now I cannot imagine eating any other way.
karencastle

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories