Results of Cholesterol VAP Panel

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Results of Cholesterol VAP Panel

Postby mkh9 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi, I thought I would post my husbands results that just came back.
His weight was 205 and he is still on 10mg Crestor and Niaspan, about 3 months before being on the McDougall diet plan and the cholesterol panel was:

Before diet: After
LDL cholesterol 84 56
Total HDL 54 38
HDL 2 (most protective) 13 12
HDL 3 (less protective) 42 26
Total VLDL 19 20
Total Cholesterol 158 113
Triglycerides 100 115
Lipid Pattern "B" "AB" almost A

So it he is doing very well so far.
Thank you for this diet plan!
mkh9
mkh9

Re: Results of Cholesterol VAP Panel

Postby Jackie J » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Congratulations!
Jackie J

Postby mkh9 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks, it is great. I hope he can at some point get of his meds
but we're taking it a little at a time. I don't know why the HDL went down so much though.

bye,
mkh9
mkh9

Postby mkh9 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Update on my husbands lipid panel. See also previous post of his last results. My husbands platelet count dropped to 135 and he started getting arthritis in his finger so the doctor had him decrease his Crestor (stating drug) to three days a week. So his latest results showed that his lipid panel was type B (which is the small dense lipid and not good). The last post showed that he turned from a B to an AB (which is a lot better). He he 6'2" and now lost over 30 pounds and weight about 175. So, even though he has kept his weight down and we are still on the diet his lipid panel is back to a B pattern. His cholesterol is still good (about 135) but the LDL went up. It probably is due to going down on the Crestor. Going down on Crestor helped his platelet is now 145 and the arthritis is gone and he has more energy) I admit we do cheat about once or twice a month and had a little bit of chicken or fish or we go to a resturant that is vegan but has oil. But on a daily basis abouit 26-28 days are good diet days. Does anyone have a comment? I thought that one could go on this diet and not have to take their statin drugs any more. Is that supposed to be true? If so then is the two-4 days a month really making the difference?
thanks,
mkh9
mkh9

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories