Floaters goodbye

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Floaters goodbye

Postby munger180 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 am

A couple of years ago I started having a problem with "floaters" in my vision. That means that I was seeing stringy-like objects floating around as I am reading something. It was getting worse so I went to a doctor.

He confirmed the problem and made another appointment for a few months afterwards.

About the same time my wife and I started eating McDougall diet [for other reasons]

By the time the time of the secong appointment arrived I noticed the problem was reducing so I didn't go to the doctor.

Now a year later all the stringy-things are gone.

I should note that up until the first appointment my vision was getting slowly worse as time went on. The fact that suddenly there was steady improvement after the diet changed would seem to point to the possibility that the diet is responsible for correction of the problem.

Michael
munger180

Re: Floaters goodbye

Postby Earthangel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

That's so awesome! Good for you! I'd love it if my vision started to improve. Who knows - maybe it will!
Amanda Newcomer

Join us at "McDougall Friends" on Facebook!
Earthangel

Postby vgpedlr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Congrats on the improvement! I thought at first you were referring to a different kind of "floater". :mrgreen:
vgpedlr

Postby JohnLarson » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 am

When my surgar was super high I was seeing little lines dancing around.

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Postby didi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:16 pm

If the floaters were from posterior vitreous detachment I do not see how diet could make them disappear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posterior_ ... detachment

Didi
didi

Postby munger180 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Most floaters are not from that!

Floaters can be a sign of retinal detachment or a retinal tear but in most cases (98% according to the National Health Service) it is simply age related or due to natural change in the vitreous humour.
Michael
munger180

Postby Vegan Hunter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:53 am

vgpedlr wrote:Congrats on the improvement! I thought at first you were referring to a different kind of "floater". :mrgreen:

This WOE should get rid of those as well!!! :eek:
There are three kinds of people in this world. Those that are good at math, and those that aren't.
Vegan Hunter

Postby EmmetFitzhume » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 am

FWIW: I have always had floaters since I was a kid. On this program I still have them. I'm 42. My eyesight is excellent. I don't need glasses.

Based on my own experience I would think they can be semi normal for some people if not overly excessive. I agree that any increase in floaters from baseline or suddenly having them when you never had them before should be checked by a professional.
EmmetFitzhume

Postby darad » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm

darad

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories