My success story.

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: My success story.

Postby Vegeloon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks for sharing your story - very inspiring!!
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

Postby joshrd78 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. I really appreciate them.

greentea wrote:Josh, thank you for sharing your wonderful story!

The gentleman who got you started on your journey, was that Larry Winget by any chance? I have recently read a couple of his books and found them to be incredibly inspirational and would highly recommend them to anyone on these boards who are having trouble getting started or committing.

Cheers and welcome!!! :D

greentea - The guy who got me started on my financial journey was a gentlemen by the name of Dave Ramsey.
joshrd78

Postby pechke » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:55 am

Damn, I'm not even sure if I would have recognized you as the same person! Fantastic! :D
pechke

Postby nicoles » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Amazing, Josh! You look GREAT and so HAPPY! Thanks for sharing :-D
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby scooterpie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey joshrd78, I really like the quote you put up by Dave Ramsey. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but always straight to the point and we all have to be in a certain mindset to listen to plain, old common sense.

Looks like you did that in spades--woo-hoo! You transformed yourself--keep up the good work!
scooterpie

Postby SweetPea » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 am

Looks like you're glowing with health and happiness. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing--very inspirational. :)
~♥~ It's never too late to go after what you want. ~♥~
SweetPea

Postby goldilocks » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 am

You do look so healthy and happy now - yay! What a wonderful story - thank you so much for sharing. I really like how you decided to see what actually works for slim, healthy people and to learn about nutrition instead of following some fad diet just to lose a couple pounds. Congratulations and welcome to this wonderful life!
goldilocks

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 am

Josh - Congratulations on your amazing journey! Your story serves as an inspiration for all on this board that optimal health is within our reach and that these results can be achieved in a relatively short amount of time.
Rob

Postby shell-belle » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Josh--WOW - way to go you look fabulous and your health gains are fantastic! So wonderful to see a smart young person like you embrace HEALTH! Keep up the good work you can be an inspiration to many !
shell-belle

Postby Nettie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 am

Look at you! You look fantastic!

I, too, am a Dave Ramsey fan. Haven't listened to him in years, since he's not on the radio where I work now, but he helped me gain the right perspective on my finances.

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to many.

Nettie
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.

Star_McDougaller

Nettie

Postby cdavis2747 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 am

Josh didn't tell one important part of his story - so I will (I'm his Dad)

After seeing the success he was having, watching many of the videos, reading some books, and being convinced of the science; and in no small part being motivated by the death of my sister from diabetes about a year a go - Josh's mother and I have both taken up the whole foods, plant based diet, starting last Thanksgiving. At age 66, I like to think that I'm not too old to try something new. :-)

I think both mom and I can credit Josh with saving our health from inevitable decline and possibly premature death. We are both very happy with what has happened and are totally convinced we will never go back to the way we ate before. She has lost more than 50 pounds (to be fair, some of that was on a different diet), and I've lost 30 pounds. Still a way to go, but I'm seeing the possibility of getting to normal weight for the first time in 30 years. Just as important, our blood sugars are both very normal and our cholesterol numbers are both in the 110 range - a really good start.

I think Josh's committment to this lifestyle has probably improved our quality of life and longevity by a large factor. We are now working on convincing the rest of the family to go down this road with us. Wish us luck! Thanks, Josh!
cdavis2747

Postby Starchyme » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

Fan-tas-tic! Let us know when the rest of the family comes on board. Happy McDougalling!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby rickfm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 am

Very inspirational. Glad to see the family getting on board, too. Well done, Josh!
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby Caroveggie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Great that your family is on board too. Your story is an inspiration, thanks for sharing! You look great :)
Caroveggie

Postby carollynne » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Congrats to all of you for choosing this WOE. It is a great help when the whole family is on board with you.
Good health to you all!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories