No headaches

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

No headaches

Postby veggie lover » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm

I am so thankful I haven't had much in the way of health problems. When I read some of the success stories on this board, I am blown away at the health problems that some of you deal with and I'm so thrilled when they go away or are drastically minimized after trying this way of eating.

So my success story seems so small compared to what many of you have had to deal with. But I want to tell you that it occurred to me the other day that I haven't had a headache in MONTHS! I started eating this way 100% last September. I have had a total of 2 headaches in these last 10 months and I had those just a few weeks after I had changed the way I eat. I used to get headaches every 2 to 3 weeks and they would last 3 or 4 days. They weren't migraines, and they weren't debilitating, but they were annoying and I would become irritable at times. I would take lots of Advil hoping the headaches would go away...and they would after a few days. No more headaches for me!

I am so happy!!
veggie lover

Re: No headaches

Postby Rohirrim48 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am

Congratulations!
Rohirrim48

Postby Watermelon Lady » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

That is great! I've gotten a lot less headaches as well. Not perfect yet, but a huge improvement.
Watermelon Lady

Postby CarolynA » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 am

That is wonderful! When I am eating 100%, I find that I don't get headaches either. I guess that should be motivation, shouldn't it?! :lol:
I am worth it!
CarolynA

Postby BeanieBaby62 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 am

That is great...Nothing that improves your quality of life could ever be considered small. :D
BeanieBaby62

Postby jaysmetalart » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 am

veggie lover wrote:I am so thankful I haven't had much in the way of health problems. When I read some of the success stories on this board, I am blown away at the health problems that some of you deal with and I'm so thrilled when they go away or are drastically minimized after trying this way of eating.

So my success story seems so small compared to what many of you have had to deal with. But I want to tell you that it occurred to me the other day that I haven't had a headache in MONTHS! I started eating this way 100% last September. I have had a total of 2 headaches in these last 10 months and I had those just a few weeks after I had changed the way I eat. I used to get headaches every 2 to 3 weeks and they would last 3 or 4 days. They weren't migraines, and they weren't debilitating, but they were annoying and I would become irritable at times. I would take lots of Advil hoping the headaches would go away...and they would after a few days. No more headaches for me!

I am so happy!!

My wife has had migraines for over 20 years, she went on this WOE about 6 months ago(along with my 2 daughters and myself) and the same has happened for her too..no more headaches!
jaysmetalart

Postby Atheria » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Congratulations! Diet won't fix my 24/7 headache from major neck damage though that I've had since 1995. :-( But it's great to hear the random things that improve with healthy eating.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories