Much better but not all the way there yet......

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Much better but not all the way there yet......

Postby Rikki » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am

Wow! You look(and look like you feel)great! Congrats! What great numbers!
Rikki

Re: Much better but not all the way there yet.....(UPDATE)

Postby dlhanson » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Today, I weighed 169 pounds -- I last weighed that when I was a heavy 16 year old.

One month ago, I joined a weight reduction program through my medical insurance (we have retirement medical through my former employer who is well known due to a little oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico). They sent me a pedometer and a scale for free. Both are Internet connected wirelessly through my laptop. So whenever I weigh myself it is immediately sent to a database on the Internet where I can view it through a website (it is private to me through a userid and password) and the same for the pedometer which doesn't even have a display. I will get 500 wellness points for finishing the program (my wife and I each need to have 1000 points each year to keep low copay and low deductibles).

I have been more active in the garden and bicycling which has helped. And I eat a little less fruit and less brown rice.
dlhanson

Re: Much better but not all the way there yet.....(UPDATE)

Postby LauraA » Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 pm

dlhanson wrote:Today, I weighed 169 pounds -- I last weighed that when I was a heavy 16 year old.

One month ago, I joined a weight reduction program through my medical insurance (we have retirement medical through my former employer who is well known due to a little oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico). They sent me a pedometer and a scale for free. Both are Internet connected wirelessly through my laptop. So whenever I weigh myself it is immediately sent to a database on the Internet where I can view it through a website (it is private to me through a userid and password) and the same for the pedometer which doesn't even have a display. I will get 500 wellness points for finishing the program (my wife and I each need to have 1000 points each year to keep low copay and low deductibles).
Congratulations, you look great! That is amazing what your health plan does! I wonder if there isn't someone somewhere that I could have scale and pedometer hooked up with just for motivation and feedback. Does anyone know? I've never heard of that! Take care, Laura
I have been more active in the garden and bicycling which has helped. And I eat a little less fruit and less brown rice.
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Atheria » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 pm

You look good and happy. What a long journey....but well worthwhile.

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Watermelon Lady » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 pm

You look great! I look forward to sharing my "after" pictures some day as well!
Watermelon Lady

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories