Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Postby Tom Dylan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 am

Greetings,

First, let me say that I am glad to hear the good news. The chemotherapy regimen prescribed by oncologists as the standard of care has little to no effect (maybe 2%) on longevity, and I'm basing that figure on scientific studies. It does add a lot of misery, and a lot of costs for the patient.

Ovarian cancer is tricky. Normally, folks aren't considered "cured" until five years have passed.

My mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer about two years ago. She underwent lifesaving surgery to "debulk" the tumors. I have no doubt that the surgery was a correct course of action. Subsequently, she has undergone chemotherapy. After completing her first round of chemo, her CA-125 test was similarly low to the case described here. For six glorious months, she got a break from the chemo, and we had lots of hope.

In the meantime, she improved her diet considerably, albeit not to McDougall standards. She added in lots of vegetables and fruits, and greatly reduced the junk.

Well, her numbers went back up several months ago, and she started swelling due to fluid build up. She is now into her third round of chemo--with much less dramatic results. I've convinced her to give up dairy completely, and she is making fresh carrot/apple/brocolli juice each morning. After the addition of the juice, her numbers have gone down about 150 points. Still, the overall outlook is not great.

In my research into this cancer, I've noticed that it often goes into remission--sometimes completely--but almost always comes back with a vengeance.

Of course, every case is unique. I feel confident that proper diet offers the best chance for longevity and a possible complete cure. However, I've learned to measure success in months, and quality of life.

I salute anyone who can "buck the system" and commit themselves to a healthy lifestyle. Conventional medicine has little to offer. Please give your friend my best.

Tom
Tom Dylan
Tom Dylan

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories