2 year anniversary & final before/after pics

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

2 year anniversary & final before/after pics

Postby Tabatha1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello all;

I got slighty choked up while looking at the calendar today. Tomorrow marks my 2 year anniversary of eating a low fat, plant-based diet. I lost 60 pounds and am a different person. I am much more fit, work out alot more and over time had to get a new wardrobe! As for eating once I got into the zone of eating this way I just had to find ways to make food that I may have missed. I pretty much get recipes here, lowfatvegan.com, have all the great vegan books and make sure to replace any oil with something healthier. Lately I've gotten into more gourmet type recipes in the Millenium cookbook. All in all this works. I am so different. I am also running a marathon in March. I would have never have been able to do that two years ago..Here are final before and after pics. The 'after' was taken last week, size 0 - whew whew..

Tabatha1

Re: 2 year anniversary & final before/after pics

Postby SactoBob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:46 pm

What a striking difference. It must feel great to look in the mirror. I'm sure that the men in your life see and appreciate the difference too. I think that you should write up your story and send the photos to Dr. McDougall. Being a Star McDougaller should not be thought of anything that out of the ordinary. It is what you should expect, although I don't think I would promise anybody the sort of transformation in appearance that you have undergone. Congrats.
SactoBob

Postby Starchyme » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Congratulations! I second all that SactoBob said. Good luck with the marathon. Keep us posted from time to time. We'll be rooting for you during the marathon. Let us know how it went.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby circle city vegan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:34 pm

You look like a totally different person, a happier person. Congratulations :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3S3L8/]
[/url]

Vigilance requires effort until it does not require any effort.
circle city vegan

Postby Melinda » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:09 pm

You look AMAZING! Congratulations! :D
Melinda

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Size 0, OMG, way to go! I didn't even know there was a size 0. I have to look this up in physical human dimensions. I mean no kidding you sure LOOK like a full scale height human being, hehehe, I am stunned. Pretty happy to see this my first week too. I think it's cool too that you're getting even deeper into the cooking angle and going all the way to gourmet, nice! Congrats and maybe share a favorite gourmet recipe, if your back visiting here:)

lmggallagher

Postby healthtrekker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Wonderful! You look great...better yet, I bet you feel like a million bucks!

Thanks for posting your story. I just completed 3 months on plan. It's great motivation to read about your success.
healthtrekker

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm

You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 am

CONGRATS!! You look great! :)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Tabatha1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you much for your comments, I feel a bit awkward gloating and rarely do but I figured I would like to really show others that this works, especially if you're starting out. If I can impart anything to you it's to just let yourself sort of dissolve into this way of eating. You may be strict right now but it won't be like that indefinitely. I have had periods of time where I jsut sort of binged but I binge on low fat plant-based foods, like almost no fat chocolate cake. Working out started S L O W, almost like a train. I very gradually increased and over time, and only when my body told me "yeah go ahead, push ahead another 20 minutes" or whatever is when I did. Allowing yourself to love what you're doing helps, and the love of eating right and exercise slowly develops until it just isnt any big deal. Lifestyle changes become permanent and the next thing you know you have to go shopping - again - because the clothes dont fit. Lastly (and sorry to preach here), stalls are common and the loss will kick back in, and what is your first goal can be up-ed again and again. There is no time limit, if you stick with it and make it a part of yourself and get creative with tasty, healthy food you can be any size, shape or weight you want.

traci
P.S. yes there is a size 0 as i found out, there's actually a 00. :)
Tabatha1

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:40 am

Tabatha1 wrote:P.S. yes there is a size 0 as i found out, there's actually a 00. :)

Yes--this is b/c of vanity sizing. As they made the size 2, 4s, 6s, etc. bigger, the smaller people had no clothes to wear! So they had to create 0 and then 00 for the women who 30 years ago would have worn 4 or 2. Sad, no?

I mostly wear 4 but have some 2s and one dress that is 0. 30 years ago when I was at this weight I wore size 8. I still have a few from then and they fit!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:21 am

First of all - Tabitha, you look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and story. You are beautiful.

Yep, that vanity sizing is something else. While I have lost weight, the idea that I am a 6 at 139 pounds/5'9" tall is funny. Yet, I am wearing in many clothes. This vanity sizing has been helpful however - I really just laugh at my size now, knowing their number doesn't mean a thing.
Love the Lorax

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Congratulations Tabatha! You look so happy and healthy and beautiful. I like what you wrote too, about letting yourself just melt into this lifestyle. The longer you do it, the more natural it becomes. It sounds like you didn't force yourself to diet, just at this way and let your hunger and body adjust as they did. That's wonderful and is a good reminder for me. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us!
sweetfruitlover

Postby Loveskale » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 pm

CONGRATS!!! You look fantastic!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:09 am

You look wonderful. Great job! :nod:
Gramma Jackie

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories