Not my story but truly touching. My summary does not do it justice. Watch the three minute video at http://nutritionfacts.org/videos/resuscitating-medicare/
- Medicare is in trouble; cardiovasclar disease cost $503 BN in 2010
- Ornish and Pritikin lifestyle prograns are now eligable for Medicare reimbursement
The most interesting part:
- Nathan Pritikin is why Dr. Greger became a medical doctor
- Grandmother was "abandoned to die" by doctors
- Had a "couple of bypass operations and ran out of arteries"
- "Wheelchair bound, crushing chest pain"
- "They wheeled her in [to Pritikin lifetsyle center] and she walked out"
- "She was given her medical death sentence at age 65"
- With a healthy lifestyle, she enjoyed another 28 years
- In Pritikin book, Francis Greger was described as one of the "death's door people."
- When she arrived, she could no longer walk. In three weeks she was walking ten miles a day.