Small Success

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Small Success

Postby Juin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm new here found this website after I pick the the pick MCDougall program for maximum weight loss. I read the China story back in Febuary and being a semi vegetarian for the last 17 years. I found I had everything in my frig and pantry to try out these interesting vegan recipes. I always wanted to try the vegan lifestyle but found the recipes to be just as high in fat. At 32 I was placed on hormones for a cyst that would not go away and kept comming back everytime I tried to get off those pills the cyst came back. At 38 years young HBP followed. I have never had any weight problem even after having 3 children. I only gained weight after all the medications they put me on for HBP. A 40 pound gain over 9 years and a foggy brain from all the high dose drugs.
After reading the china study I decided to take back my life. I quit the minimal amount of meat I did eat. About a month ago dairy and all my nut milks I made along with all the nuts and olive oils I was constantly told to keep increasing in my diet to raise my HDL cho. which did not work.

My husband has ordered me several other of the recipe books I can not waite to get them. I'm 15 pounds from my goal weight. I quit norvasc several months back. I went to see my regular doctor he said I was good. Today I went in for a BP check up, it was to see if I was ready to cut the diovan hct to the lowest dose. They found out after I had a great reading that I had already cut my dosage down on my own two weeks ago. I could see it was fine after monitoring myself and watching the numbers stay consistantly low.
I was not sure what kind of response from my doctor I would get but it was a very positive one to what I was doing. My doctor was more then willing to follow my progress with a three month checkup at which time if my numbers are low enough I will be off all medications.
They told me to stop taking my medication if my numers continue to drop to low and to see them asap. I was surprised at the great response from my doctor. My HDL went up 5 points. Wish I would have found this book sooner. Thanks for giving me my life back.
Juin

Re: Small Success

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 am

CONGRATS!! :) You're doing great. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Starchyme » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:37 am

Welcome aboard!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Juin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Thank you
Juin

Postby Rosey » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 am

Welcome aboard. Glad your doing better.
Rosey

Postby Loveskale » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Congratulations!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 am

Congrats and welcome to the McDougallers here. I, too first read the China Study and that sort of launched me into the plant based diet too.
good luck!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories