UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: UPDATE 1st post and p. 3: ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby Starchyme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks, ETeSelle. I didn't realize that. Good to know.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Re: UPDATE 1st post and p. 3: ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Just have to tell an awesome story!!

First, some background. A local organic farmer is my "manure guy." I put manure in big tubs in the back of my farm trailer, and when it's full I call him, he comes and gets the tubs, takes them to his place and empties them, and then returns the tubs. We've been doing this for a while, but I rarely see him--hadn't seen him in the flesh for a year or so, b/c usually I just call to tell him it's ready and he comes while I'm at work

So yesterday, I went home early to meet the horsey dentist at my place, and the manure guy was there loading up. I opened the gate for him to drive out and he yelled, "Be back in a few!"

I went to the barn to get the horses ready for the dentist and when the manure guy returned the dentist had just arrived. I introduced them and then went down to the creek to get a bucket of water for the dentist to use, and as I was walking back up to the barn the manure guy stared at me and said, "OMG-you're ETeSelle!!" I was like, "Uh, yeah." I mean, we HAD met, LOL!

He said, "I seriously did NOT recognize you. You look like a whole different person! I thought you were a friend of ETeSelle's or something!!" Of course he asked how I did it and I told him. He did say that his wife is going vegan so maybe she'll come check out McDougall--you never know, right? :)

Anyway, just had to report this awesome happening! Made my whole WEEK! :mrgreen:
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Re: UPDATE p. 5: ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 pm

that's great! :D
ncyg46

Postby Starchyme » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Such a great compliment. Bet you are beaming.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Doesn't that feel good? Those kind of honest mistakes are fantastic.

On another note, darn I wish I had a horse manure connection.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Faith in DC wrote:Doesn't that feel good? Those kind of honest mistakes are fantastic.

Yup! :mrgreen:
On another note, darn I wish I had a horse manure connection.

Try Craigslist. That's how I found this guy. I posted, numerous times, ads looking for people who wanted horse manure, making it clear that I was NOT looking for 1-time or occasional folks but someone who would pick up regularly and needed it forever. Took me a few months, but I found this guy. Before him, I had 2 others. The first person didn't have a way to pick it up so I had to deliver it, but it was only a few miles from my place and w/ the muck bucket system it was easy (back up to pile, open trailer, haul buckets out and dump, return buckets, drive away). The next guy picked up, and that worked well for about 2 years. He got older and his wife made him quit for his health. ;) Then I found this guy, and we're going on 2 years now. Works like clockwork!

Oh, and to make this work you have to invest in X number of muck buckets. I have 15. This way, there is no additional shoveling for either of us--just transfer the buckets from his trailer to mine, he takes them home and dumps them, and then returns the empties to me. The guy before actually bought his own set of 15, so he would leave me 15 empties when he picked up the full ones.

[Sorry, everyone else--this is SOOOO off topic!!! :lol: ]
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm

We eat close to horses :-D I'll check it out. I can't handle large quantities since I only have a city garden. Though it isn't shabby for a city garden.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Oh--I thought you were looking to get RID of manure. LOL -- you WANT manure. Yeah, advertise. I didn't want to deal w/ occasional people b/c I didn't want random people on my property all the time. But larger barns, where someone is around all day, might go for it.
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby StarchBeet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm

I can't imagine being at my goal yet. I need to read more of the success stories like yours. I bet having compliments is the icing on the cake ( I need a better metaphor) since you must feel happy and love maintaining your health.

When I first did mcdougall I was so "by the book" and my extra weight came off so quickly. Now many years later, after I'd drifted away for too many years, things aren't going as quickly. Most of it's my own doing. I am trying to be appreciative of my slow success; but I haven't figured out how to refocus and hurry things along.

Keep up the good health and give your horse a nice hug and a carrot for me. I had horses as a kid and miss them terribly.
StarchBeet

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 am

ET, you absolutely rock! It is so cool to have a totally unbidden compliment like that! I am in awe that you are still losing, too! Of course, moving manure is a lot more active than what I do all day, sitting at a computer moving revenue and expenses!

Again, YOU ROCK!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby nicoles » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 am

ETeselle, That is such a wonderful story! Congratulations!!

And although I have no need for manure, I am glad to know what to do if the time ever comes! :)
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby ParsleyPatch » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:12 pm

What a fun story, ETeSelle! I'm still fairly new around here so do you have a "Star McDougaller" story somewhere? Before and after pix? That's an amazing amount of weight to lose. I tip my hat to you!!!
:thumbsup:
One who is forever grateful to Dr. McDougall for showing me the way to optimal health!
ParsleyPatch

Postby ParsleyPatch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 am

Oops...sorry. I did read your story a while ago. I forgot. But I do remember being super impressed, and still am! The photos are amazing. Thanks for all your postings and encouragement to the rest of us!
One who is forever grateful to Dr. McDougall for showing me the way to optimal health!
ParsleyPatch

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Added a new photo comparison to the first post on this thread. :mrgreen:
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Re: UPDATE FIRST POST: ETeSelle's Testimonial

Postby StarchBeet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm

"you look marrrrvelous"

I found a picture of myself while eating mcdougall from years ago. I may get brave and post the healthy picture and the picture where I re-started 8 months ago. You look so healthy!
StarchBeet

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories