UPDATE 12/5/21. ETeSelle's Testimonial

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: UPDATE 1-9-12: 1-Year Anniversary! ETeSelle's Testimon

Postby Katydid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 am

Congrats E. Do you find you weight has now stabilized at its lower setpoint, or have you had to up the amount of food to keep it from dropping further?
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:55 am

It seems just about right. I gained 3 pounds over the holidays by not being VERY bad--just 2-3 meals that were vegan and lowish fat but had some oil, and 2 vegan desserts. So that goes to show that I'd better not add much of ANYTHING back in! I'm a VERY easy keeper. Anyway, I'm back on track and have already lost one of the pounds. :)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby f1jim » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Congrats on an amazing achievement. You deserve everything it's brought you! Lead the way.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Adrienne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Congratulations! You feel great, you look fantastic and, from reading your posts, it appears you really enjoy the MWL foods (and how you are able to eat as much as you want of it).

What more could you ask for? :)
Adrienne

Postby Loveskale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Congratulations! :)
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby pixie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:16 pm

WOW! Simply amazing. You look fabulous and are an excellent motivator and inspiration. I plan to read your journal. Thank you
pixie

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm

ETeSelle:

I love, love love the photos of you in the size 16 pants and that not even at your now weight. CONGRATS & TY for sharing your story.

Everytime I read a paralele to my story it gives me such hope and you have given us plenty to work with in terms of inspiration. Especially on the health end and you do look great, I'll up that, YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

I am kind of laughing though about the size 16 pants, as relates to me. I am over 5'9" and started my slow weight loss having once bought something in size 20 (can you hear me screaming in terror to this day over that!).

I lost about 20 slowly and got back to size 16 doing non vegan things. Then I went vegan and started to see the changes as you did in all those health indicating numbers and lost another 20 pounds, mostly on MWL like you. But I am still wearing the size 16 pants! Grr...

Recently, I saw a post in one of our forums about vanity sizing and realized that the size 16 pants I am wearing today I bought in 1998! Sure enough when I measured the new (2010) 16 to the old there is close to 5 INCHES OF DIFFERENCE in the waist bands and they are the same maker and style (that is the waist is still at the same level).

So I am dropping size 16 as an indicator and relying on all the other REAL numbers - oh, except BP - who knows what the heck that number EVER means :lol:

lmggallagher

Postby toadfood » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 am

Congratulations, ETeSelle! Your story is so inspiring. I think keeping the weight off for a year is an even bigger achievement than losing it in the first place.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Congratulations Estelle! You are an inspiration, and you're always so generous and supportive of everyone on the board. Thank you so much for sharing your story. How awesome that this way works so well for you!
sweetfruitlover

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Congrats! This is an awesome tetimony. I'm glad you are on this board, serving as a role model.
proverbs31woman

Postby Mike Crosby » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:57 pm

In looking at your weight loss chart, I can see your dramatic weight loss.

But I do find something curious with your chart. At the end, you appear to plateau, and then you drop even a few more pounds.

Is there something you did different to cause that, or that's just the way it worked out?

And thank you for your story. I think it takes courage to lose and keep the weight off.

BTW, have you tried making Jeff's burgers, or do you have your own recipe?
Mike Crosby

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Mike Crosby wrote:In looking at your weight loss chart, I can see your dramatic weight loss.

But I do find something curious with your chart. At the end, you appear to plateau, and then you drop even a few more pounds.

Is there something you did different to cause that, or that's just the way it worked out?

Just how it worked out. Plateaus happen, esp. as you get closer to normal weight. I thought I was done at 140, for instance, but I kept eating as I had been and ended up losing 20 more pounds. It was slow, of course, b/c I was already at normal BMI. My plan was to keep eating MWL until my body was sustained by what I was eating -- that turned out to be 117-120.
BTW, have you tried making Jeff's burgers, or do you have your own recipe?

I don't really eat burgers much. Too complicated and they involve the oven, LOL. I stick to stovetop and microwave--I have 2 jobs and a farm to run, so time is of the essence!
Last edited by ETeSelle on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby getting healthy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

You look great!
getting healthy

Postby Wild4Stars » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:46 am

I love reading your posts. I'm glad I stopped by here to read your story and now I'm heading over to read your journal.

Thanks for all you add to these forums.
"If your lifestyle doesn't control your body, your body will eventually control your lifestyle." Ern Baxter
Wild4Stars

Postby dehydratedwater » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Congrats!
dehydratedwater

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories