Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Re: My One Year Progress Report

Postby sksamboots » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:33 pm

So glad to see you...Thanks for sharing your story. You inspire many. I'm so glad you kept going even when the scale didn't budge. Your a true testimony of what it means to "keep on keepin on" no matter what!!! Great job, Bravo Bravo and keep up the good work. :D ;) :D
sksamboots

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Go, Kirk! You've done so well. Keep on Shrinkin' On! (is that corny, or what?) :nod:
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:26 pm

ok...found it! You have done so well...sorry we didn't get together in Las Vegas when we were there.....I didn't have a chance!

You have done fantastic over this past year and I am glad you are posting again. I have some issues going on in Las Vegas with my inlaws health lately. My brotherinlaw had surgery for a tumor in his colon and I think they got it all but still waiting to hear how he is doing now. He was rushed back to the hospital with his kidneys shutting down and a stomach infection. I need to call them today, not sure if he is back out yet. One thing they need to do is forget the buffets there for sure.....lol! :D
ncyg46

Postby Jan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh Kirk, it's great to "see" you again. I lurk mostly and have missed your posts. So glad you have stuck with it. Congratulations on shedding all that weight. I too, have had health problems and have now lost over 80 lbs. and have more to go. I find there's now more room in my shower!! :lol: Life is sweet. I just finished reading Will Tuttle's [u]The World Peace Diet[u]. It give you much to think about.

Again, congratulations Kirk. Keep up the good work.
Jan

Eating my way to slim and healthy
Jan

Postby Barb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Thank you for sharing. It bought tears to my eyes.
Barb

Postby f1jim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Congrats on serious progress and a determination to see this through. We are all pulling for you and sending great Kharma your way.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Kirk,

Was just browsing thru & saw your post. Wow!! You look so good. Am so happy to hear how things are turning around for you. Great to hear from you again.

BTW, you can get free cholesterol checks at places like Rite-Aid or CVS. You just have to check on the web or watch for them, they usually advertise them. I missed the last one CVS had a month or so ago, but I am looking to get to the next one.

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

I will have to check that out....I haven't had mine done since last October. Just haven't seen anything advertised. They have that Health Yes site in the paper all the time for 179.00 with all the heart tests. One has the cholestrerol, the other doesn't. I am concerned with aneurisms and that's part of it.....maybe one of these days!
ncyg46

Postby Letha.. » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Way to go Kirk! I know you will reach your health goals very soon. Image
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby somnolent » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 pm

What a great update! Keep up the good work!
somnolent

Postby dragonflyer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Glad to hear about that leg doing better. My legs have been giving me real trouble, and the constant fright of wheelchair, hospital or even amputation follows me even in my dreams (or rather nightmares). I think however that the leg problems have something to do with all the animal products, cholesterol and fats in general. I could barely describe myself as overweight (except during that scary Lupus related swelling), but my legs are constantly in trouble. I looked at your (before) photo and this is partially very similar to all those rashes and swelling that I have :duh:

If my legs can get better, this alone would be a reason for :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reading such detailed success stories is VERY helpful. It helps against all those idiots who try to pressure, convince, beat or otherwise force me back into the "normal" way of eating :|
I am a simple real sick person, not a troll or psycho, the avatar just reflects the worn down state of my health. If scared just leave me alone (like most people already do).
dragonflyer

Postby AnnaS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:06 am

Great to see you again, and congratulations on your steady progress and passing that milestone! It's good to see you able to get around a little more, that's gonna help a lot. Keep on McDougallin' !
Best wishes,
Anna
on the McD program since 2002: age=65, BMI=18, b/p=110/70, tc=126, McD=100%.
diagnosed with lyme disease March 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnnaS

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:56 am

Oh Kirk!

I am so glad it's a quiet day at work and I peeked in here this morning! It is AWESOME to see you, and your pictures are thoroughly inspiring! Way to go! I am uber proud of you, and rooting for you all the way! thanks for bringing this to us :)

You rock!

I'm glad your legs are doing so much better, too. This is a SUPER way to greet my morning :)
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Kime » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Wonderful! Thank you for posting the photos. Everyone loves to see photos of people's progress!
Kime

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories