My Hero , Dr. John McDougall

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Hero , Dr. John McDougall

Postby eabrechter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm

I do not know what I would do if I did not have Dr. John McDougall's life saving diet . I feel that his diet whichis known all over the world has helped my physical and mental health tremendously and it is probably going to extend my life greatly as I am a breast cancer survivor. I am a 65 year old woman and when I was 63 I came to know Dr. John McDougall through a friend. He lives out in California where he has a big medical center and he treats people who have all kinds of diseases including cancers. He researched diseases including cancers and its connections to diet. He has been a doctor for 35 years and has set up a plant based vegan diet to help people all over the world not just the US and his diet includes no animal meat, no dairy and no vegetable oils. His diet includes plenty of starchy vegetables, fruits beans, rice (preferably whole grain) pastas and many other foods. Dr. John McDougall through his years of research has found out that animal meat, dairy and vegetable oils are the biggest promoters of cancers and millions of people all over this world are following this diet including myself. Also, he says that people who eat animal meat are just eating dead animals meat which is gross. For many many years of my life, I suffered with intestinal problems, constipation, diarrhea, stomach distress, knee pain, arthritis pain and severe back pain and a lot of depression. At the age of 62 years old, I gave up animal meat because I could not stand the taste of it any more or the smell of it, and realized too that it was affecting my stomach. Also, I have a great love for animals and believe that God did not put them into this world to be slaughtered and eaten.I was a vegetarian for about one year and then came to know Dr. John McDougall my hero. I stopped eating all dairy at the age of 63 and eventually cut out the vegetable oils . My diet today includes only the food that Dr. McDougall allows. I have had a 65 pound weight loss altogether and there has been a major improvement in my physical and mental health. I no longer suffer with stomach issues at all, constipation, diarrhea, arthritis pain a lot of back pain and I had two major spinal surgeries within my life. My stools are perfect today. Within the past, I went to medical doctors for stomach issues and they prescribed medicines that only made me sicker. Also, my knee pain has gone completely. In the past, medical doctors told me that I was going to need a knee replacement. I have also lowered my risk of getting breast cancer back, because I am on this diet. I was a stage two and had a lymhectomy. Dr. John McDougall does say that staying on this plant based vegan diet can prevent cancers from reoccurring. I truly believe in everything that this doctor is saying. I am hopeful that by staying on this diet, my breast cancer may not come back. Dr. McDougall is a miracle in my life and I very rarely get depressed anymore.
eabrechter

Re: My Hero , Dr. John McDougall

Postby astirle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:35 pm

That is great to hear, well done on your achievements! We all love success stories :-D
On the quest for resilience
astirle

Re: My Hero , Dr. John McDougall

Postby petmomful » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

I am finding some of the same successes as you. And I am full of energy! Congratulations on your improved health because health is everything!!
petmomful

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories