5 weeks in and Feeling Great!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

5 weeks in and Feeling Great!

Postby Kmiz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 pm

I have had Crohn's disease, GERD, and eosinophilic esophagitis for 12 years. One of my friends introduced me to FOK about 4 years ago. I had been thinking of transitioning to Plant Based since then, however was somewhat reluctant as I am allergic to tomatoes.

This summer I had a flare up of all of the above conditions, and instead of calling my GI doctor I decided to try going plant based for 30 days (I had a GI appointment anyway in 4 weeks). My doctor, who is very respectable, chuckled a little when I told him what I did. I am a Registered Dietitian and he said that I should know it is okay to eat a little meat.

Then my Doctor looked at my labs, and with surprise on his face he said they were "impressive" . My hemoglobin has never been that high since I've been diagnosed, and my C-RP was the lowest it has been (0.5). The best part is I feel fabulous! He even let me go on a little"drug holiday" with one of my medications.

Very excited to have my colonoscopy this year and see the changes! (Anyone who has had one knows they really aren't exciting).

Kari
Kmiz

Re: 5 weeks in and Feeling Great!

Postby judynew » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Good for you, Kari. Congratulations on your improvements.

I keep running into people lately who have GERD and have no interest in hearing anything about McD. You can be the poster girl.
judynew

Re: 5 weeks in and Feeling Great!

Postby DWu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Welcome and congrats Kari! Hope you keep it up.
DWu

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories