10 years this week!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 10 years this week!

Postby nicoles » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:24 pm

johnled wrote:My dad died unexpectedly right before I posted this then after posting a cousin killing himself, followed by a brother in law unexpected death then just a few days ago a good friend fell to his death, 4 deaths in 80 days. I've never considered myself to get stressed over things and do not feel like I have over all of this but something has rekindled my RA. Traveling, being gone for days in hotels and eating bad vegan food as well as breads, very little pies, cake, cookies (never any meat or dairy that wasn't cooked in cake, etc), funeral food, I've been lit up with RA. I've not had a pain free day for a few weeks. No horrible bed fast pain like ten years ago but more than enough to know it is working on me. So much for Star McDougaller! I'm back on the proper WOE but if this doesn't reverse soon I may go to Dr for a shot of steroids. Thanks for all the kind words!

Johnled, I am so sorry for all of your recent losses. Stress is a huge component of pain levels for me. Even when I am not actively feeling the stress in a definitive way, I can look back and say, "Oh that is when this or that stressful event happened."

I think you still are a Star! Here is why: 1) Your pain is still not at the levels of being bedridden. 2) You managed RA for 10 years through diet! both are very very impressive!

I believe you will be pain free again. It might take awhile to resolve, but I have faith in you.
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Re: 10 years this week!

Postby John McDougall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:20 pm

You are welcome. Stories like yours make my day.
Keep spreading the good news.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories