Traveling - what do you eat?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Traveling - what do you eat?

Postby MatthewEGreen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:00 am

Hi everyone, I am just starting the starch diet so am trying to figure it out. I am about to travel for a few days of vacation and could use any hints on what to eat when you are in a restaurant or just walking around while sight seeing. Potato chips are definitely out. What do you guys do to keep on the diet?

Any advice will be help.
MatthewEGreen

Re: Traveling - what do you eat?

Postby Susan5 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 am

~ The best thing I did was to break-up with food; it was an unhealthy relationship.
~ You can't let go while still trying to hold on.
~ Focus on less...less desire, less obsession, less holding on.
~ "Learn to care less about food."
Susan5

Re: Traveling - what do you eat?

Postby MINNIE » Sun May 09, 2021 1:21 pm

If I have will access to a microwave, or an electrical outlet for a small rice cooker, or hotplate, I eat the same as I do at home. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice (quick-cooking if needed), frozen, veg, oatmeal, canned beans, fruit....these foods should be available locally unless you are going somewhere really remote.

If you are traveling by car, you can carry a cooler for perishables, a thermos, and everything else you need can fit in a box or tote bag .

I also pack a small bowl,tea mug, travel size eating utensils, and some small packets of seasonings. It's really pretty easy to eat well. No need to worry about restaurant meals, and if you do find one you can eat, it's a nice surprise.
MINNIE

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program