I've got this!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I've got this!

Postby HopefulHeather » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 am

This is the first time I've posted anything, anywhere, ever. I don't even a have single social media account--and never have. However, Dr, McDougall's program lays out what has been a very important concept in my life for decades and I am thrilled to have stumbled across this challenge with actual guidelines and practical steps, and with a tremendous amount of recipes and information to successfully guide me along the way. For these reasons I am posting and look forward to the program and process. I spent the last few days stocking up the kitchen with lots of great fresh and frozen veggies, fruits, beans, and grains. I dusted off my appliances and practiced batch cooking some staple items. I did my weigh in this morning and will update the changes weekly going forward. Thank you Dr. McDougall and team for offering this for free to anyone who is interested!
HopefulHeather

Re: I've got this!

Postby BarbaraLynn » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 am

HopefulHeather wrote:This is the first time I've posted anything, anywhere, ever. I don't even a have single social media account--and never have. However, Dr, McDougall's program lays out what has been a very important concept in my life for decades and I am thrilled to have stumbled across this challenge with actual guidelines and practical steps, and with a tremendous amount of recipes and information to successfully guide me along the way. For these reasons I am posting and look forward to the program and process. I spent the last few days stocking up the kitchen with lots of great fresh and frozen veggies, fruits, beans, and grains. I dusted off my appliances and practiced batch cooking some staple items. I did my weigh in this morning and will update the changes weekly going forward. Thank you Dr. McDougall and team for offering this for free to anyone who is interested!

Welcome! I'm new to the boards here, but not to social media. You do have this and will do well. Pre-planning, batch cooking and keeping things out of your house that you don't want in your mouth, is certainly key. You'll do well. See you at check in!
BarbaraLynn
BarbaraLynn

Postby oneesotericgirl » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:14 pm

HopefulHeather wrote:This is the first time I've posted anything, anywhere, ever. I don't even a have single social media account--and never have. However, Dr, McDougall's program lays out what has been a very important concept in my life for decades and I am thrilled to have stumbled across this challenge with actual guidelines and practical steps, and with a tremendous amount of recipes and information to successfully guide me along the way. For these reasons I am posting and look forward to the program and process. I spent the last few days stocking up the kitchen with lots of great fresh and frozen veggies, fruits, beans, and grains. I dusted off my appliances and practiced batch cooking some staple items. I did my weigh in this morning and will update the changes weekly going forward. Thank you Dr. McDougall and team for offering this for free to anyone who is interested!

Welcome! I'm new to this too. I also have no social media so these forums have been a lifesaver! There are so many older posts you can do back and read and get lots of good information. All the great recipes are listed on the main page.
You could join the monthly weigh in groups! They are there for progress, accountability, and support.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61301
:D
The support around here is awesome!

Keep Moving Forward
oneesotericgirl

Postby dbrhw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:31 am

Me too,Iam new to this. Never posted in a platform such as the MWL. just now seeing the wealth of information and support. A DNA study indicated I am high risk for breast cancer and decision was made to go vegan/plant based instead of prophylactic chemo tx for 5 years. "Ican do this".

SO much Gratitude!
dbrhw

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program