July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Noella » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am

Hi Mark, Jeff, and Wildgoose,

I am excited to join the July MWL group. I have been following the McDougall diet since January 2020 and the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) since April. Joining MWL has been such a good decision! I appreciate the support and guidance provided and I am inspired and encouraged by being part of this group. It feels good to know I am never alone and it’s wonderful to hear suggestions on how to make MWL work in day to day life. In the three months since I joined MWL I have not only lost twenty excess pounds, I have also discovered that certain foods cause my joint pain, and I have now eliminated these problem foods from my diet. This relief from pain has helped me turn the corner toward better fitness, mobility and overall health. The MWL requirement for a minimum of 30 minutes of activity per day I have gone from each step hurting my knees and a sedentary lifestyle to being able to walk for up to a maximum of two hours per day ( started at about fifteen minutes maximum).

My goals for this month are to continue my MWL journey, follow the MWL guidelines, and achieve more health, strength and energy while losing another four-six pounds. My first major milestone weight goal that I am heading toward is to reach a ‘normal’ weight for my height. I’m 5’9”, so when I get down to 160 pounds I will be celebrating this achievement (twenty pounds to go).

Back in January, I knew I had to do something dramatic to lose weight and regain health; it is absolutely amazing to know that the ten MWL behaviours work so well. I now know exactly what to do and what to eat (and not eat) each day. Following the MWL Guidelines is a pleasure! My favourite MWL meal is a tossed green salad followed by whole wheat spaghetti with a vegetable rich marinara sauce with chunky tomatoes, onion, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms. I eat as much as I want and I am never, ever hungry. I don’t miss the sweetness of added sugar or the greasiness of added olive oil...not at all...not one bit! I do continue to use a minimal amount of salt each day and I am Steadily learning to use herbs and spices to add flavour which is so much fun. I enjoy cooking without oil, and I love that my kitchen is so much cleaner with oil free cooking.

With Mark, Jeff and Wildgoose leading the way, I hope that everyone is successful with all ten of the MWL behaviours, one day at a time, all this week. All the best to you all.

Best regards,
Noella
Last edited by Noella on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Noella

Postby MVJoan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 am

Count me in! Thank you.
MVJoan

Postby soulforged » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

Hello! I'd definitely like to join this group. I've been a fat vegan for far too long and it's time to take it seriously!
soulforged

Postby cfowlks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am

Hi Everybody,
I was very glad to see this invitation in my mailbox this morning, and looking forward to joining this group. I have been implementing WFPB eating for the past couple of months now, but have not have much success in losing weight. This is most likely due to my difficult to break habit of eating late night snacks that are not in the WFPB food list :oops: . So I hope that joining this forum will help me to be more accountable for my food choices and eating patterns.

Christina :-D
cfowlks

Postby Joannasophia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

I was very happy to see this invitation this morning as I vowed to improve my eating habits last night. I would very much like to join! Thank you.
Joannasophia

Postby cdclemens12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 pm

I would like to join this group for July 2020. Thank you! :)
cdclemens12

Postby VNiehoff » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I am looking forward to joining in July! I have been 95% plant based for over 10 years. I have kept off the initial 50 lbs I lost, but my BMI is still in the "overweight" class. :-( I'd like to drop another 15 lbs. I'm sure I will benefit from the support.
VNiehoff

Postby JaniceN » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:37 pm

I am excited to join this group! I need to tighten up my eating to move on from a plateau I feel stuck in. I lost 40 lbs 8 years ago and I have recently regained 15 of them. I think I will be motivated to make the changes I need to make here. I have been following Dr. McDougall’s Maximum Weight Loss book and his Starch Solution book but need to make some changes now! I am newly retired so this comes at a perfect time for me!
JaniceN

Postby Miss Chickpea » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:53 pm

Count me in. I have 10 pounds I want gone--forever.
Miss Chickpea

Postby DianneW » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 pm

Please add me
DianneW

Postby SunnyDeLite » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello - I'm in for July! I've been plant based for many years, but still eat too much processed foods. I have been moving in this direction with the overall goal to lose about 25 pounds. I have lost about 12 pounds since March, and look forward to the support from this group. Thank you.
SunnyDeLite

Postby LindaDi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Good Morning:

I received an invitation to MWL today. I lost 48 pounds on the Starch Solution at the end of 2018. I went off program before I lost the last 40 pounds and since that time have gained 10 pounds. I recently retired and crackers, cookies, and chips have been calling my name so I and need to get back on track before I put on any more weight. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and reaching our goals together. :-D
LindaDi

Postby pquinn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Please add me to July MWL weigh ins
pquinn

Postby Jacqui Appell » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you Mark for making the group available. Can definitely use the support and guidance on this journey into changing my
eating choices/behavior.
Started off making a copy of the MWL 10 point check-list and putting it on my frig. door as well as making a shopping list with veggies, grains and fruits.
Any thoughts on having 3 meals a day or smaller meals throughout the day?

Thanks much.

Jacqui
Jacqui Appell

Postby jkbacht » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 pm

I’d like to join please
jkbacht

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program