July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby carwex » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

Hi MWLers
This week was an eating disaster. A few surprises came my way and I reacted in old compulsive patterns. Unfortunately I did not comply with ANY of the 10 principles and therefore gained 3.3 pounds. Unlike in recent weeks when I have had a slip I was able to get right back on the MWL. This time it seems much harder. I didn’t even want to report here. Fortunately I have good support both from the MWL and from outside sources. I will not give up on this path I have chosen- toward maintaining good health, an appropriate weight, and sane thinking. This evening with a friend I outlined my plan for recovering the routine that I had achieved with the MWL. Next week I hope I can report better results.
Wishing us all a good week of adherence to the 10 principles.
carwex

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am

July 30,2020. How long does the July 2020 MWL last for posting each week? Is there an end date?
Up.2 from last week, but down 7.1 pounds from 6/29/20.
This week was tougher because I’m settling in to new good habits and not as diligently focused on the 10 point MWL checklist as I was in the past few weeks. This week I will focus on the good habits that helped me lose the weight and feel great.
I am going to plan lunches and dinners and batch cook so that everything is ready to assemble for quick and compliant meals. Makes a big difference to have a well balanced satisfying meal vs. grazing.

Progress this week
1.soup/salad/fruit meal starter. Good
2. 50/50 plate. Good
3.sugar/ salt eliminate. Doing much better reducing sweets. They are triggers. I need to eliminate them. No salt always for me Not a problem
4.No Animal foods. Good
5.No high fat plant foods. I need to eliminate nuts. I’m doing much better. They are triggers and none is best.
6. No added oil. Glad I began working on this months ago. I don’t miss it at all and the scale speaks volumes. The fat you eat is the fat you wear is so true for me.
7. No flour/dried fruit. Dried fruit is not a problem. I love artisanal bread and it makes me gain weight. Whole grains are so much more satisfying. Hard to believe I can eat unprocessed grains, fill my plate and feel so good. Flour products make me feel lethargic, hungry, and heavy. I need to work on eliminating flour to lose these last 6 pounds. I’m going to keep cooked baby Yukon gold potatoes ready at all times for meals and instead of bread. I’ll make a batch of a single grain to have on hand. Oat groats, buckwheat groats, farro are all simple and so easy to make in the Instantpot
8.dont drink calories. Not a problem. I keep an ice cold infuser pitcher in my refrigerator with herbal tea lemon ginger and mint.
9. Eat to comfortable satiety. Practice seems to be making permanent here. It seems that it is always easier in summer to want to eat less. When the weather and seasons change I will need to have MWL soups and stews planned to avoid slipping back into old habits.
10. Move more. I won’t be going back to the gym anytime soon as long as the covid 19 risks continue. I am walking every day, started resistance band training this week and dusted off the C2 5k app that coaches you through progressive run/walk intervals.

Thank you and have a good week.
Gimmelean

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:11 am

My weight loss postings this month made my progress seem easy. Nothing is further from the truth. I’ve been really focusing on trying since March of this year pulling out every resource I could muster but the scale didn’t budge. Or at least in the direction I wanted it to go. :roll:
As I reflect back on just this month,all of the habits and behaviors that foster good health and weight loss seem to have finally come together for me. The only magic key is knowing that there isn’t a magic key. Maintenance is even more of the same. Hard work, keep chipping away, and recognizing when the hard wired bad behaviors sneak back have to be part of my ongoing plan. I appreciate your feedback, support, resources, and reinforcement.THANK YOU
Gimmelean

Postby Gimmelean » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:32 am

The best app. I’ve discovered for all types of meditations including 45,000 free meditations is called Insight Timer. There is even a selection for weight loss and positive body image. Enjoy!
Gimmelean

Postby Growing a Pear » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Net rolling average this week: -1.8# (woot!)
SW this week: 148.5#
CW: 146.7#
GW: ~135#

[July 4: 149.8 (-0.4); July 11: 149.3 (-0.5); July 18: 149 (-0.3); July 25: 148.5 (-0.5); Aug. 146.7 (-1.8 )]

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. :-D
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals. Choose fruit for dessert. :-D
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. :-D
4. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :-D
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). :-D
6. Eliminate any added oil. :-D
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products. :idea:
8. Don't drink your calories. :-D
9. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. :-D
10. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :idea:

Entered a good groove late last week and earlier this week, which resulted in the largest drop I've had in months. (Woot!) Toward the end of the week, didn't have a starch ready to go and dipped into the junkier vegan food my husband cooked or I prepared for him, including one meal with bread. Fortunately, I didn't enjoy it and have a plan to precook a starch along with the beans and soup that have become permanent residents in my fridge. I know I can do this and feel fully satisfied. It's just a matter of better prep and letting go of the feeling that when we are eating different meals we aren't as united. (A silly thought, because we diverge in many other things without it causing a schism, but I need to acknowledge it to dismiss it.)

Was also slightly less active because of the heat. I just don't enjoy indoor exercise as much as a good stroll. Will experiment with finding something that's a better indoor fit.

It has been 15 days since my last Clif Bar. (I've been tracking as the longer the streak builds up, the less I want to experiment with breaking it.) I truly don't feel deprived. I know I was using it as a "treat" when I was bored or stressed, but real food feels amply rewarding. Plus, I like what I see in the mirror and that my body feels more healthy overall.

I'm on board for the August thread. Thanks again to all the mods, especially Mark, for the guidance and support. Knowing the plan and embodying it are two very different things. I've needed the mindset modeling more than anything.
I just want to emphasize: It is the QUALITY of the food, not the QUANTITY. You are guaranteed success when following a starch-based and a simple diet. Monotony can be a key helper. ~Dr. John McDougall
Growing a Pear

Postby VNiehoff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:59 am

weight loss: -.2
total loss: 3.8
Not as active this week. Have developed bursitis in my hip. what do you do when it hurts to move? Sit and eat. Will try and improve.
VNiehoff

Postby soulforged » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:02 pm

July 24: 238.8 lbs
July 31: 237.6 lbs
Change: -1.2 lbs

Definitely had an interesting week. Glad I still lost some, but not as much as I have been. Went off plan a few times and was unprepared which led to some (slightly) worse changes. Had a couple home made muffins that had some oil and felt bloated after, which I wouldn't have noticed before, so that was cool to notice. Had some liquid calories and didn't always have a salad before every meal. So definitely will be getting back on it this week, because I don't feel quite as good as past weeks.

Glad to be a part of this community!
soulforged

Postby minisweet » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Hello everyone!

Weight loss this week: 1.4 lbs.
Weight last week: 206.6
Weight this week: 205.2

Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Love my fruit
Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. Doing well
Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts, too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. Good
Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). Good
Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). Good
Eliminate any added oil. Good
Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e., bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. Maybe a 9 out of 10.
Don't drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). Still having a little almond milk with my oatmeal
Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. Doing much better here
Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). Got out a couple of days and got some good walks in. Feels good.

This month was a learning experience for me. I've discovered that when I eat off plan it might taste good at the time, but I physically don't feel good later. I also used to graze a lot when I was bored and eat chips, crackers and cookies mindlessly. Those behaviors (especially the grazing) have essentially disappeared. Now I only eat when I am hungry. It's wonderful!

Starting weight 225 lbs. 5/25/20
minisweet

Reporting for July 31 Weigh-In is now CLOSED

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 pm

The window for reporting this week's weigh-in and behavioral results has officially closed.

The remainder of my replies and the weekly summary will follow.
Mark Cooper

Re: Mark's Replies for July 31 - Part 2

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:18 pm

MaryE - Congratulations on your exciting results! Close adherence to 8/10 points seems to have made for a good week for you, and with a little additional effort toward preparation, you can be 10/10! As Jeff has said, simplicity is the key to health! It definitely feels strange to be starting another month already. :eek:

laura_delao - Kudos! It is so nice to hear that you're pleased with the results you've attained this month and thank you for your very kind words. Keep striving toward making adherent choices when dining out; once you've dispensed with those "leftovers" there wouldn't appear to be much holding you back. :thumbsup: I hope enlisting the trainer makes for an exciting and beneficial experience. :D In case you happened to miss the post, Gimmelean replied to your earlier question.
Gimmelean wrote:The best app. I’ve discovered for all types of meditations including 45,000 free meditations is called Insight Timer. There is even a selection for weight loss and positive body image. Enjoy!

Lachoffman - Woo-hoo! Down 17 lbs and in the "100's!" If you are closely adhering to the MWL 10-Point Checklist you are on track, even if that isn't reflected with a change in the scale every week. Here is a list of what Dr. McDougall labels starch staples; the various forms of flour on that list would not be recommended for MWL, and any pastas should be whole grain and consumed primavera-style with an equal portion of non-starchy vegetables to satisfy the guidelines. Here is a fairly expansive list of non-starchy vegetables. Another quick note - when preparing the Broccoli Mushroom Sauce, I would suggest omitting the cornstarch or using mashed beans, potatoes or cauliflower as a substitute (if you aren't already doing so). New week = new opportunities!

AnnetteW - What great overall results for the month! Not shabby at all! :) I understand you feel like taking a break from the group and I wish you the very best; the group will be here if you decide it can support your future goals. Take care and be well!

wstokes - Looks like a good week, indeed! I'm confident that significant reduction in deviations from the recommended behaviors supported your progress. I think you are wise to recognize that these last 10 or 12 lbs are likely to be the most recalcitrant. Keep at it!

VivianS - You are so right that practicing the fundamentals of the recommended pattern of behavior is an ongoing process of learning, growth and improvement! Great work saying "hands-off" to the Pringles! Apart from a few deviations related to overlooked ingredients, and a few related to stress, responsibilities and environment, it sounds like you had a reasonably solid week of steadily improving adherence. If you feel that CRONometer is helping you to more easily attain adherence to the MWL guidelines, I don't have any objection to using it. The caveat I will offer: be mindful that you aren't getting in the habit of attempting to count calories, as that is counter to the MWL recommendations - eat of the recommended foods, in the recommended fashion, whenever you are hungry, until comfortably full.

goal140 - Glad to see you back! For the purposes of the weekly summary, I'm going to record no change in weight, since today's weigh-in is the same as the last reported number. Soups can be a great support, and it certainly doesn't hurt that they are usually easy to make, store and reheat. :D If you make the soup with an equal volume of starches and non-starchy vegetables when you prepare it, you'll know it automatically conforms to the 50/50 plate. When it feels like you are struggling to refrain from troublesome foods in the evening, is it because you are feeling hungry? I hope your road to living in health is enjoyable to travel - even if it feels bumpy sometimes! :D

Kelly140 - Even with a rough start, it seems your first week went well! Great work eliminating those calorie rich and higher fat foods! If those foods continue to feel especially tempting, be mindful that you are including adequate starch as a component of each meal, so your "willpower" is well-fortified. 4/7 days of walking means you are more than halfway to your goal!

texaslil - Feeling in the groove is always a very nice feeling! Looks like you had a pretty successful week, Laila! I can certainly understand feeling reluctant to omit a particular food that plays a role in an ongoing habit enjoyed with your loved ones. Would it be a viable option to still have a "pizza night" but substitute an adherent starch in place of the crust for your portion? Something like sliced potatoes or sweet potatoes (maybe even mashed potatoes) might work as a pizza 'base" - just something to consider. I would say that homemade fruit popsicles, being blended fruit, are not an ideal choice for MWL, since the fiber is disrupted.
JeffN wrote:Emulsifying, Pureeing, & Blending
Blending foods disrupts the fiber and reduces the satiety of the food per calorie, making it easier to over consume the food. On the other hand, chewing food increases satiety. Examples of blended foods on a WFPB diet include smoothies and dried fruit/nut confections.
I wonder if frozen fruit might make for a similar treat on a hot day?

chef16 - Another pound falls to your continuing efforts! And eleven for the month is great! Try to be as patient as you are able - averaging over 2 lbs lost per week is right on track. That said, the best way to support further progress is always to focus on the recommended pattern of behavior. The greater extent to which you can eliminate the higher fat, calorie dense foods and liquid calories, the better you'll be supporting your efforts. When you "end up with" higher fat foods or bread, what precipitates that? Are you choosing those foods in place of adherent foods that are prepared and ready to go? Are you just very hungry and reaching for the richest food at hand? If you can examine the chain of decisions and events that leads to those deviations, you may be able to "head them off" by making some changes in your routine. Do the best you can to avoid being sedentary, but it does seem important to trust your body and take things easy on those days walking is painful. As your weight continues to decrease, I would imagine that will lessen over time.

francnm - What great results for July! Solid week of adherence. I'm glad to hear you were able to get right back on track after those handfuls of dates (they have sometimes been a real trigger food for me, as well). Getting more activity this week than last is progress in the right direction, keep improving, continue your diligent attention to the guidelines, and you'll bring yourself closer and closer to the goals you're working to attain.

kirstykay - I'm sorry this week felt like a struggle for you, Kirsty; that is never fun! I really do believe that these "setback" weeks are part of the path to a sustainable pattern of behavior, in much the same way that relapse is said to be part of recovery. I applaud you for being so honest and forthright in the face of these challenges; try to capture what lessons you can find among the obstacles. Something I've noticed in my own life, when I have that "what's the point" feeling, it is usually a signal that I'm attaching my evaluation of success to things that aren't within my control, or that I need to reassess the specific characteristics of the goal I'm pursuing. As I've discussed a bit in the past, for me, the most useful and valuable goal is simply doing my very best each week to behave in accordance with the MWL 10-Point Checklist, and I try to assess my progress with respect to that, rather than other feedback mechanisms or outcomes over which I have less agency. I'm glad the weigh-in spurred renewed motivation - knowing where you need to make improvements is the first step toward making them. Cheers to an August that is refocused and on track!

philmwl - Another nice, steady loss! Great work adhering to 9/10 points! If you are feeling uneasy about walking outdoors, would it be possible to walk around your home? Getting in an adequate amount of daily activity seems to provide benefits even if you're walking around the living room. Stay safe!

Joannasophia - Great results, for the week and month! I imagine being so near to your goal feels quite exciting! Keep attending to the recommended behaviors. :D

BarbaraLynn - More gradual progress is still movement in the right direction, and the evidence of our adherent behaviors doesn't always immediately manifest on the scale. Good for you in not worrying and simply carrying on with a focus on the guidelines. 8.4 lbs is definitely not shabby! Have a great week!

Golightly - That looks like a very successful week with respect to the MWL 10-Point Checklist, and many valuable lessons learned, as well! I think you are doing really well. Be mindful about dipping below the 50/50 ratio for starch, that has been known to leave some people overly hungry and provoke overeating or binges. In my experience, roasting vegetables that don't turn out mushy or limp can depend a bit on the specific vegetable - fresh broccoli, cauliflower, or brussels sprouts usually turn out great, zucchini, gold squash, and carrots less so (depending on the texture you are hoping to achieve). For me, frozen vegetables might go either way. My wife and daughter like their roasted veggies crisp, so I usually roast on a silicone mat at 400 for 45 minutes (or even a bit longer, depending on how they look). It should be acceptable to use some balsamic vinegar, if you like, taking into account that not all balsamics are the same, and infused or reduced balsamic vinegars should be treated as added sugar. Continue your excellent efforts!

Drew* - It never makes things easier when that "snack-monster" rears its ugly head, right? I do think there is perhaps a useful distinction to be made between being 100% adherent 75% of the time vs. being 75% adherent 100% of the time - the latter would indicate that there is a problem that needs to be solved in regard to the overall pattern of behavior and routine, whereas the former seems to indicate a need for devising and implementing some strategies to solve problems attached to specific incidents, situations and environments. Does that make sense? Either way, there are solutions to be had - deciding in to eat in advance of social gatherings or, as you mention, committing to reach for a SNAP meal or fruit instead of more troublesome foods, for example. Kudos for getting in that daily exercise. I don't have any objection to anyone continuing with the group, provided that they continue to work toward ongoing improvements in line with the recommendations, however much difficulty that may sometimes present. We aren't asking for perfection, but rather continuing effort toward adherence. Making these changes is not easy, and I have the utmost regard and empathy for everyone attempting to change these behaviors. The journal section is not at all limited to those who opt out of MWL, I maintained a journal nearly every day, for an extended period, and found it to be a very helpful tool in supporting my progress practicing this lifestyle. Overall improvements in health are the true goal, right? Keep at it. :)

K-Squared - I think it can be understandably discouraging when the feedback provided by the scale doesn't seem to reflect our diligent pattern of behavior. Clothes feeling like they fit more loosely seems like a pleasant result, so, if you can, try not to feel too disappointed. Based on your checklist assessment, I would say you are doing great; keep concentrating on the recommended pattern of behavior, allow time for your efforts to deliver more dramatic results. If you can shift your success metric to adherence, which is within your influence, vs. a given week's weight loss, that could prove helpful. Keep in mind, if I'm not mistaken, you are down over 5 pounds for the month, right? I can certainly understand if you feel like you want to take a break from the group; alternatively, if you would like to continue to participate, but take the emphasis off the scale, I would not object to that, provided that you check-in with an honest assessment of the MWL 10-Point Checklist each week. Whatever feels best to you - I wish you good fortune with your ongoing efforts. :)

carwex - I feel for you! A disastrous week can provoke burdensome self-recrimination, and I can understand how difficult it felt to make a forthright report of your challenges. :nod: Try to recognize that a single week of non adherent choices doesn't erase all of your previous excellent efforts, nor does it determine your path going forward. You can recover the routine that supports your goals - having a plan for how to do so is the first part of that, now just take action and follow that plan. Make your very next decision one that serves the outcomes you seek. :)

Gimmelean - I think losing 7.1 lbs this month is very nice progress! I think sometimes the tough weeks can foster the greatest opportunities for learning how to fortify our routine - dedicating additional time to meal planning and batch cooking seems like a valuable takeaway. I love your observation that "the only magic key is knowing there isn't a magic key"! To achieve the outcomes we are after, we have to change our habits and behaviors, consistently over time, and that definitely requires diligence, hard work, and being vigilant of any tendency to revert to old patterns. This is our final weigh-in for July, the August weigh-in & reporting thread will be posted on Monday. Keep at it!

Growing a Pear - Woot! That's a dramatic result to finish out the month! It does seem fortunate that you didn't actually enjoy the "junkier vegan food," that ought to make it much easier to get right back on plan. I agree with you that it feels important to acknowledge the extent to which eating differently from your husband may inspire a sense of disunity, making that thought explicit, and recognizing that it is unreasonable, would seem to allow it to be discarded. Let me offer some LOUD APPLAUSE (via the keyboard :-D ) for so successfully breaking that Clif Bar habit! Great work! See you in August!

VNiehoff - The scale continues to head in the right direction, for the week and month! I'm sorry you're enduring that onset of bursitis. :) Apart from exercise, how did things go with the recommended behaviors?

soulforged - It sounds like you had an "interesting" week in much the same way that we are all living in "interesting" times, yeah? Treat yourself kindly and bring the lessons this week offers forward with you; I think noticing those little unpleasant sensations and reactions after eating troublesome foods can be really valuable to inform future decision-making. May you find yourself feeling "as good as past weeks" before you know it! Make your next choices the best you're able.

minisweet - Hello, Sarah! Nice loss and great work on the recommended behaviors! I'm glad this month was a beneficial learning experience for you.
minisweet wrote:I've discovered that when I eat off plan it might taste good at the time, but I physically don't feel good later.
That seems like an important discovery worth acknowledging! Onward!
Mark Cooper

Weigh-In Report Compilation - July 31, 2020

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:50 pm

Please note - I replied to each participant individually in the two lengthy posts linked below.

Mark's Replies for July 31 - Part 1
Mark's Replies for July 31 - Part 2

By my count, 58 participants reported for our fifth July 2020 MWL weigh-in! If I neglected to include anyone, or you notice an error in the tally, please let me know (via PM so we can keep the thread as tidy as possible, or in a post here if you cannot PM).

Here are the results for the fifth Friday in July:

Week ending 7/31/2020: 58 participants reported a total loss of -54.00 pounds
--------------------------------------------------
Carwex +3.30
Drew* +3.20
Ladeux +3.20
Kirstykay +1.80
Waterfit +1.50
Gimmelean +0.20
Total gains: +13.20
Abe 0.00
Annegret 0.00
CindyD 0.00
Dot 0.00
Goal140 0.00
Golightly 0.00
GreenFroG 0.00
Hollyhock 0.00
Josietheschnauzer 0.00
Lachoffman 0.00
LesleyMills 0.00
Veganvic 0.00
Vegyluvver 0.00
VivianS 0.00
K-Squared -0.20
VNiehoff -0.20
Francnm -0.60
Laura_delao -0.60
Belana -0.70
BarbaraLynn -0.80
PonysPlants -0.80
Cathy Ann -1.00
Chef16 -1.00
GreenGables -1.00
Joanne_elon -1.00
Philmwl -1.00
Rlechols -1.00
Pattyj115 -1.20
Renestl -1.20
Soulforged -1.20
Texaslil -1.20
AnnetteW -1.40
Minisweet -1.40
Joannasophia -1.50
OrangeBird -1.60
Growing a Pear -1.80
Amberlina -2.00
Dennis h -2.00
Kelly140 -2.00
RebaRox -2.00
Chaz01 -2.40
Kathie -2.40
Jan_npr -2.80
Beeshell -2.90
Jkcook -3.00
MaryE -3.00
Noella -3.00
SGarcia -3.00
Violet3135 -3.00
Conniegeerhart -3.50
Wstokes -3.60
Wfpb2020 -4.20
Total losses: -67.20
Cumulative group loss for July 2020 to date: 524.80 pounds
Average loss for week ending July 31: 0.93 pounds
Cumulative group loss for January 2020: 384.15 pounds
Cumulative group loss for February 2020: 96.60 pounds
Cumulative group loss for March 2020: 60.10 pounds
Cumulative group loss for April 2020: 218.00 pounds
Cumulative group loss for May 2020: 191.50 pounds
Cumulative group loss for June 2020: 120.63 pounds

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, August 7, 2020, in the August MWL Weigh-In Group thread.

WOW! What a month! Everyone take a bow in recognition of your efforts! During July, the participants in this group lost a cumulative total of 524.8 pounds! An adult, male reindeer weighs less than that! That is our greatest single monthly total so far this year!

A couple of notes in regard to the August group - tomorrow, August 2, I'll be submitting a post with MWL program orientation information and instructions for newcomers who would like to join the August group. That information should already be familiar to current, ongoing MWL participants, and all of you are welcome to continue in August; you don't need to take any further actions, but I would encourage those of you who have just started in the last week or two to take a moment to review the orientation resources (a refresher never hurts veterans, either :-D ). I'll post the (separate) thread for MWL weigh-ins, behavioral reports and questions on Monday, August 3. I'm actually going to be away from home starting Monday mid morning until Wednesday evening, so I'll likely respond to any questions and welcome new participants on Thursday.

My utmost thanks for the admirable kindness on display in this group! I'm very much looking forward to an invigorating August!

Best wishes for a health-supporting week ahead!
Mark Cooper

Postby texaslil » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:02 pm

Since July was my first month in the MWL group, I just want to make sure I understand the rules. Does the July group roll-over to August? and we just keep going from there? or do I need to ask to be in the group? Thanks!
texaslil

Postby vegyluvver » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:08 pm

texaslil wrote:Since July was my first month in the MWL group, I just want to make sure I understand the rules. Does the July group roll-over to August? and we just keep going from there? or do I need to ask to be in the group? Thanks!

No action needed. Mark gives more details in the post directly before yours.
Val in SoCal
Focusing on the food, not the number on the scale.
vegyluvver

Postby laura_delao » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Thank you Gimmelean for the name of the app. And thank you Mark for the reminder. You are so attentive to detail. I love it. It is taking me a while to learn how to use the features of this site and every week I learn something new. First week I didn't post on the right screen, second week I didn't read individual posts just your answers, third week read both, 4th and 5th week it was easier to follow along. Thanks again :-D
laura_delao

Postby texaslil » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:10 am

Ok, so I know we shouldn't eat raw oats... but what about cold overnight oats? is that allowed?
texaslil

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program