Am I Doing Enough Exercise/Activity?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Am I Doing Enough Exercise/Activity?

Postby taymariekay » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:49 pm

I work in retail, so I'm on my feet most of the day and end up averaging 10,000 steps a day, sometimes more. A lot of the time I come home from work and an additional 30 minute walk doesn't sound appealing, but sometimes it does.

Is my activity from work enough exercise or should I aim to get an additional 30 minutes of brisk walking in?

Thanks!

Tay
taymariekay

Re: Am I Doing Enough Exercise/Activity?

Postby Mark Cooper » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Check out this excellent thread where Jeff discusses sitting vs. standing vs. intermittent walking, along with a review of numerous studies. The most recent post at the bottom of the thread seems relevant to your question.
Mark Cooper

Re: Am I Doing Enough Exercise/Activity?

Postby taymariekay » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Mark Cooper wrote:Check out this excellent thread where Jeff discusses sitting vs. standing vs. intermittent walking, along with a review of numerous studies. The most recent post at the bottom of the thread seems relevant to your question.

As always, thanks so much Mark!! :D So helpful!
taymariekay

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program