June 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby Rufus_519 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:46 am

Starting weight (4/4/20): 235.0
Goal weight: 195 (within the "normal" BMI range)
Weight last week: 220.8
Weight this week: 220.1
Loss/Gain this week: .7
Total loss/gain: -14.9

I missed reporting last week, but there was no change from the previous week. I'm finding it tough to follow MWL strictly, hence I'm not making the kind of progress I was hoping to make. Peanut butter continues to be a problem for me. Most of the foods that I've eliminated because of MWL I don't really miss much, if at all. I gave up all animal products and oil a long time ago, and almost never buy processed foodstuffs. Bread, however, is a constant temptation when I'm in the grocery store, but so far I haven't given in to that temptation. Unfortunately, I really feel kinda deprived when I deny myself peanut butter. I try to keep consumption to just a taste, but I'm probably still eating too much.

I know I'm going to have to abide more strictly by MWL if I'm going get off this plateau. I'll just keep trying.
Rufus_519

Postby Lakegirl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:24 am

May 8: -1.5 lbs
May 15: -2.0 lbs
May 22: -2.3 lbs
June 6: -1.4 lbs
June 13: -1.5 lbs
June 20: -0.3 lb
June 27: -0.8 lb

Hi MWLers,

Just want to extend my great thanks for everyone's posts. I made time for more reading of those this week, and it just helps a lot. So does that Snap Meal recipe...this plan's version of fast food! It can be a challenge to have the right foods available, so easy easy meals that can be stored ahead is key. Overall had a good week, and feeling more like I may be able to make MWL a sustainable pattern. At times I eat past satiety, so I am starting to address that; perhaps some quiet/meditation time before meals. Amazing how emotional food/eating is; a big subject!
Appreciated Wildgoose's post on goal weight concept. It puts things into perspective. Will reread it again.

Thanks to all; have a good week. I'll be back in August...and hope to see everyone else!

- Lakegirl
Lakegirl

Postby courtneywagasky » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:15 am

06/06: 123.2
06/13: 123.0
06/19: 123.6
06/26: 122.6

Change This Week: -1 lb

1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. 7/7
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, choose fruit for dessert. 5/7
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. 5/7
4. Eliminate all animal foods. 7/7
5. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy). 5/7
6. Eliminate any added oil. 5/7
7. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products, puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. 0/7
8. Don't drink your calories. 7/7
9. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself. 7/7
10. Aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily. 7/7

Happy to see the numbers working in my favor. I wrote in my journal earlier this week that it was the anniversary of my brother's passing so there was a bit of comfort food this week. I did my best to have it be light and closer to Starch Solution if possible. I've been listening to hunger cues and it's been helpful.

This week has also had some ups! I was promoted to a new position at my job. There was a good balance of happy and sad this week. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
courtneywagasky

Postby carwex » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:19 am

This week I did not lose any weight.

I had one emotional eating bout and it included 1 tsp of something sweet and a piece of bread but otherwise I have been my brand of compliant. I say my brand because I dont think that I have yet internalized all the principles - most, maybe, but not all. For example eating salad or soup before a meal. It's getting cold in Sydney and i am inspired to try non-calorically dense soups.

In sum there is more to learn here on this forum. I'm going to stick with it for another month and then reassess about going over to the maintenance forum. Feeling grateful that I can avail myself of all there is to offer here.
carwex

Postby kirstykay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:25 am

Weight Change: +0.6

This is the first time I've gained weight in a week since I restarted in January. I would be disappointed except that my fasting blood sugar took a significant dive this week. I figure my body is up to something, and it's a symphony not a solo performance. So, I'm not sweating the small spike in the scale. My fbs has been stuck in the high 100s for WEEKS and this week it dropped to the 130s-140s! I am beyond thrilled considering they were in the mid 300s when I started! (I know-alarming.) I am healing. I figured since we're finishing up the midpoint of the year, it was time to do a bit of calculating, so I have some monthly totals:

Oct-Dec 2019: -3.2
MWL -
January: -6.1
February: -2.0
March: -3.1
April: -4.2
May: -6.5
June: -3.1

Total Loss: -28.2

I'm thrilled with that progress. I would like to say I could lose as much as 50 pounds by the end of 2020. It's definitely possible, but I really liked what you said, Mark:
I visualize my own personal goal as just doing my very best each week to behave in accordance with MWL 10-Point Checklist.
This is a much better goal and attitude than chasing a number on the scale...

To that point:
1. Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit. Getting better at this-fruit with breakfast is working for me.
2. Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert. :-D
3. Greatly reduce or eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. 4. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them. :) Pretty good. Can do better
5. Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood). :-D
6. Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy) :-D
7. Eliminate any added oil. :-D
8. Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit. :-D
9. Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages). :( Still having smoothies for breakfast several days this week.
10. Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself. :-D Much better this week.
11. Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking). :-D

Hope everyone has a great week!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:29 am

I really want to focus on Guideline #1 this week - Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.

The last two days I've now had some steamed greens before my breakfast (other meals are less of a problem).

I might even do a quickie report in each day to hopefully say I reached my goal for all 3 meals.
AnnetteW

Postby JaBee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:57 am

Had compliance issue with points 3, 7, 8 this week- +1 - emotional trauma.
Since Jan 1, 2020 released 25.1, from 213.6 to 188.5, and gone from size 1x to size medium!
Next wt loss goal 180. Don’t want to regress any further, need to find way to deal with emotional eating
Appreciate suggestions if anyone has successfully conquered it. Thanks
JaBee

Postby Belana » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:12 am

Wasn't paying attention and must've been posting on last month.
I blame Coronarama for my inability to get into a good weight loss/fitness routine.
This pandemic reality is bizarre, cumbersome and horrible all at the same time.
I'm hitting the road again on Tuesday.
I'm going to begin another relocation reconnaissance road trip.
I'll definitely be trying to keep up MWL.
Certainly, it'll be a challenge.
My goal is t be back to 100 lbs by November.
Getting these last pounds off is a toughy!
Last week I was 109.8.
This week I'm 108.
Loss of 1.8 lbs.
Belana

Postby laurag » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:51 am

Hi everyone, weight the same

Pretty good on adding veggies or salad before meals
Little slides on sugar really wanted an energy drink that has sugar and gummy orange slices. Gave into the drink.

Did well on walking a little bit and yoga not as good

Got to say I'm excited about not gaining because I tend to sabotage and I considered my 148 lb to 138 a huge victory for me because I can remember being at the point where I was going to accept 148 and I pushed thru that. I have never been able to lose weight I was not a dieter really. So it's a total win to have stayed at 138! I ate so much at night I hurt but I mostly stayed on program with adding veggies before meal so that helped. I hope to calm down and be at ease with the new loss and continue on because I have my sights on really a new goal, I never really had a goal weight but I would like to be 125. I am thinking this might be possible.

Cheers everyone ! It's the food!
laurag

Postby wildgoose » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:46 pm

JaBee wrote:Had compliance issue with points 3, 7, 8 this week- +1 - emotional trauma.
Since Jan 1, 2020 released 25.1, from 213.6 to 188.5, and gone from size 1x to size medium!
Next wt loss goal 180. Don’t want to regress any further, need to find way to deal with emotional eating
Appreciate suggestions if anyone has successfully conquered it. Thanks

@JaBee My favorite quote about emotional eating is from Dr. Doug Lisle. He says we don’t eat for emotional reasons, we eat junk food for emotional reasons. Nobody stands in front of an open freezer at 2AM looking longingly at the broccoli.

That being said, for me the next step in breaking the food-mood connection is to put as much distance as possible between the mood and the food. Ideally, get the CRAP (Calorie Rich And Processed) food out of the house. Do you really keep that stuff around for the spouse or the kids, or is it just an excuse because you really don’t want to let it go yourself? (I’m looking myself squarely in the beak here — this is something I had to be brutally honest about.)

If other cohabiters won’t agree to eat their tempting stuff elsewhere, then bargain. Will they at least agree to eliminate the foods that are most troublesome for you? You’re not saying they can’t eat the stuff, you’re just asking that they not keep it in easy reach of you in your down moments. Lock it up if you can’t remove it entirely. Just make it harder to get, so you have distance — enough time to think to yourself "is this going to make me feel better (probably, for the moment) or worse (definitely, when I contemplate what it’s doing to my progress)?"

That mood-food distance idea can be extended further. Distract yourself. If I’m wanting to eat for a reason other than hunger, I make myself do something else. Take a walk. Start a task that I’ve been putting off (two of my most common reasons for non-hunger eating are boredom and procrastination, both of which in me can stem from depression). I don’t have to finish that task, but I do have to concentrate on something besides food and how I’m feeling for a while. I can’t read or watch TV — far too easy to eat while doing those things. I can, however, do things that keep my hands busy.

If all else fails, eat starch and veggies or starch and fruit. Do not eat sugar, salt, or fat. That perpetuates the cravings and reinforces the link between the feelings and the food. Make that an absolute. If you’re overwhelmed by emotional trauma and nothing but food will soothe you, eat a sweet potato and sliced banana. (Sprinkled with cinnamon and air fried, this is my go-to comfort food.)

One more thing. Unfortunately, you’re not just dealing with emotional eating. You’re getting close to your goal. When that happens, you have less leeway in your eating. If you’re 50 pounds overweight, you can be a little laxer in your adherence and still lose weight. If you’re 5 pounds overweight, you can’t be. You may find that you even need to tighten up your program a bit to get those last pounds gone. Dealing with that fact plus emotional issues may be a bit harder, but you can do it, even if it takes more time than you would like it to.

You’re doing really well. Look at those size mediums and smile!

Goose
My story: MWL works!
How I determined my "goal weight"
wildgoose

Postby Noella » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi Mark,
I had no change in my weight again this week.
June 27th, — 180lbs
Weight Change since last week— 0 lbs.

MWL Checklist/ Successes:
Point #1: This is going well! I eat salad, raw veggies or fruit before each meal.
Point #10: I walk for one/ two hours daily.

MWL checklist Challenge: Raisins were a problem for me this week. I’m going to add fresh fruit to my oatmeal instead this week.

Source of excitement: Being part of this group really helps me a lot. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your stories. Thank you, Mark, for your inspiring information and support.

Best regards,
Noella
Noella

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:10 pm

Judy_Bell - Kudos! Doing fairly well on 9/10 points is definitely progress! Feeling "a lot better" is one of the very best non-scale victories. :D The best form of exercise is the type you are willing and able to do; if you're able to get that exercise in as early as possible, who knows - maybe you'll end up repeating that the next day or a couple days later, right?

olga530 - Hi and welcome to the group! I wish you a joyful 70th birthday on Tuesday. Since you're excited about beginning anew, harness that energy and try to get started practicing the recommended behaviors as soon as you are able. Don't worry about being perfect, just do the best you can, recognize that mistakes and struggles will happen and are a natural part of the process for all of us, try to learn from those experiences, and aim for continuing progress. I wish you the very best!

Hope410 - Hello and nice loss! Cheers to 95-100% for points 1-9! It sounds like you were able to stay pretty active this week, even if you didn't hit the mark on that 100%. I'm looking forward to July, as well.

Lucas - That's great progress! Room for improvement gives you a clear path to keep that progress rolling. Woo-hoo! Smaller clothes! That sounds like a fun transition. :D

taymariekay - Your clothes fitting more loosely is a great non-scale victory! I empathize with the need to do what feels right for you, your body and your current situation; the elimination diet definitely proves helpful for some. I wish you the very best in dealing with your current issues, and hope I'll see you back in this group at a future date (if it seems helpful at that time), you are very welcome. :)

Zoey - I think it's natural to feel a little "bummed" when the outcome we're measuring doesn't seem to adequately reflect the effort we're putting forth. How you look and feel is worth noting in it's own right. :nod: Making 9/10 checkpoints feel easy is no small achievement, and you seem to be making real and steady progress on the remaining area where you've been focusing; by those measures I would say you're doing quite well. If a little pout helps, feel free. :-) "No plans on stopping," gets a :thumbsup: from me!

chaz01 - I actually really like the stems, but I may be an outlier in that regard. :lol: The greens are great in salads; I tend to use them as I would collards, kale or chard - steamed to go in my big SNAP bowls, water sautéd, or cooked into a soup. I chop up the stems and cook them along with the greens.

Moonlight - 2 lbs in a month is worth celebrating! Making mistakes and getting off track is a normal part of the process, and I think it is great that you avoided any bingeing. Are there any lessons to be learned from this week's difficulties? What was different about last week as compared to this week with respect to that bread "coming back?" Setbacks can be a great opportunity for reflection, realization and readjustment. At the next opportunity, just do the best you can. :)

goal140 - Good morning! Enjoy your weekend and have a health-supporting week to come!

Rufus_519 - Congratulations on the many significant dietary changes you've made already, and losing nearly 15 lbs since the start of April! Peanut butter is frequently mentioned as a temptation by many people, particularly when it includes added salt and/or sugar. Natural, unsalted peanut butter is ~2600 calories / lb with 71% of calories from fat, so one can see how it could raise the overall calorie density of a meal (or day) pretty quickly. If it is at all feasible to remove that temptation from your immediate environment, and do so for a sufficient duration of time, that feeling of deprivation is likely to fade. Continuing to try, and do our best, is all any of us can do. Keep at it!

Lakegirl - That SNAP template is great, right? I don't know what I would do without it!
Lakegirl wrote:easy easy meals that can be stored ahead is key
Very, very true. I think it is great that this WOE is feeling more sustainable for you as an ongoing pattern of behavior. If you haven't already seen Jeff's video on Stress & Hunger, it is short and fun, with a great basic meditation demo. See you in August! (or July?)

courtneywagasky - My deepest sympathies on that melancholy anniversary, I can only imagine the natural sadness that invoked. Your observation of the balance between happy and sad made me smile. May your promotion bring exciting new challenges, opportunities and rewards. :)

carwex - Starting your meals with a calorie dilute vegetable soup is a great behavior on which to focus. Just keep on working away at each of the principles, as best you can, each day and week; over time they'll become habituated. Having more to learn is one of the things that gets me out of bed each morning! I'm glad you are continuing with the group, feel free to do so for as long as it feels worthwhile for you. :nod:

kirstykay - That change in FBS is a welcome non-scale victory! I love your metaphor of this being "a symphony not a solo performance." A big congratulations on that 28.2 lb cumulative loss, quite thrilling! It appears you had a great week doing your best with the MWL 10-Point Checklist - way to go. :thumbsup:

AnnetteW - I'm quite impressed with the immediate effort focused on that particular point; if a quick daily report of your progress here feels helpful, please, by all means do so. :D

JaBee - I'm sorry your week involved dealing with difficult emotions, that is seldom an easy thing. Attempting to use food / eating as a salve for tumultuous feelings and events is something of a struggle for many of us. I think it is very natural, when faced with stress or big emotions, to feel the urge to turn to the most tempting and calorie dense food available; removing those foods from the environment provides one possible solution. Then, whatever the reason you're eating, you'll be eating the recommended foods. I think the advice about this from wildgoose is solid gold! I also think it is helpful over the long term to work toward cultivating an attitude of emotional poise and equanimity, as Jeff describes here. Some useful pieces of this would seem to be establishing supportive relationships and intentionally developing some positive coping mechanisms. Simple meditation could be one way to start working toward that goal. Try not to beat yourself up over these episodes, and get back to doing the best you can, as you are able, at the next opportunity. I think Jeff's general points here can also perhaps apply -
JeffN wrote:On hunger...

The fundamental basic principle of the MWL Program and the principles of calorie density is "whenever hungry, eat until comfortably full of the recommended foods." Because of this, there is no reason for anyone to feel hungry when following our guidelines. The recommended foods are minimally processed starches, fruits and vegetables. The most satiety, short term and long term comes from minimally processed starches and to keep the calorie density low, have them with some non-starchy vegetables. Remember, we do not have to figure out if it is true hunger, appetite, craving, etc. However, to be successful, you have to prepare for success and make sure you have availability of minimally processed starches throughout the day.

At the 10-Day program, the snack room is full of veggies (cherry tomatoes, baby carrots), fruits (apples, oranges) and starches (regular hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, potatoes, Split pea soup, Black bean soup, and Lentil Couscous soup). People choose from both the starches and fruits/vegetables. Choosing just vegetables or fruit will not be enough for most people to feel satiated. if you experience cravings for unhealthy foods, you can beat these cravings by choosing healthy foods to eat and knowing that these cravings will eventually pass and stop. However, you can not beat your biology (hunger) and your biology/hunger will eventually win.

Belana - I noticed those posts in the May thread, I've been replying to them over here in my weekly responses. :-D That's a substantial loss this week! I wish you the best with your travel and adhering to MWL, hopefully that challenge will be an exciting one, with new opportunities to learn how to make your plan work under all sorts of circumstances.

laurag - That change in weight to 138 is definitely a significant achievement! I think a feeling of precarity or apprehension can be a common response when we've achieved what feels like an important goal - particularly if we aren't quite confident in the process that produced that outcome. Doing your very best to follow the program would seem to be the best approach in that situation. The more you can focus on the process of practicing the behaviors recommended by the MWL 10-Point Checklist, the easier it becomes and the more your confidence grows. A goal weight can bring motivation, but focusing on the process is where all the leverage is in delivering the outcome we seek. I think it is definitely a marathon, rather than a sprint.

Noella - Those are some nice behavioral successes and I'm delighted that this group feels beneficial for you! Raisins are ~1350 calories / lb vs. grapes at ~300 calories / lb; so replacing those raisins with fresh (or frozen) fruit should be helpful - good choice. :)
Mark Cooper

Weigh-In Report Compilation - June 26, 2020

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm

By my count, 30 participants reported for our final June 2020 MWL weigh-in! If I neglected to include anyone, or you notice an error in the tally, please let me know (via PM so we can keep the thread as tidy as possible, or in a post here if you cannot PM).

Here are the results for the final Friday in June:

Week ending 6/26/2020: 30 participants reported a total loss of -22.20 pounds
--------------------------------------------------
JaBee +1.00
Kirstykay +0.60
NateKruse +0.20
Total gains: +1.80
NO CHANGE / MAINTAIN / STARTING OUT
Abe 0.00
Carwex 0.00
Judy_Bell 0.00
Laurag 0.00
Moonlight 0.00
Noella 0.00
Olga530 0.00
Goal140 -0.40
Taymariekay -0.40
Zoey -0.40
Ren1999 -0.60
Rufus_519 -0.70
Ejg -0.80
Lakegirl -0.80
Lucas -0.80
Abible -1.00
Courtneywagasky -1.00
Rlechols -1.00
Wstokes -1.00
Lmggallagher -1.40
Tian-De -1.50
AnnetteW -1.60
Belana -1.80
GreenFroG -1.80
Hope410 -2.20
Josietheschnauzer -2.20
Chaz01 -2.60
Total losses: -24.00
Cumulative group loss for June 2020 to date: 120.63 pounds
Average loss for week ending June 26: 0.74 pounds
Cumulative group loss for January 2020: 384.15 pounds
Cumulative group loss for February 2020: 96.60 pounds
Cumulative group loss for March 2020: 60.10 pounds
Cumulative group loss for April 2020: 218.00 pounds
Cumulative group loss for May 2020: 191.50 pounds

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, July 3, 2020, in the July MWL Weigh-In Group thread.

Way to go everyone! What a great June this was, filled with real progress, lively discussions and valuable lessons for all of us! I feel a vicarious sense of pride in your excellent efforts on display this month. :D

The earlier discussions of direction, mindset and motivation are spurring me to share some thoughts on the perspective I use in driving myself forward and encouraging ongoing progress.

My personal default tends to be aiming toward perfection, but that path is clearly fraught with troubles; we humans are imperfect by our very nature, so if our goal is perfection we are guaranteed to fall short. Circumstances also sometimes intervene, making perfection unattainable despite all our efforts. Often the very best we can do still won't measure up against "perfect."

It seems advantageous to me to forfeit perfection as a goal, and instead pursue excellence. I can put forward my best efforts each week to do an excellent job working on the fundamental principles, behaviors and skills that are important and relevant to me. When I inevitably make mistakes, I try to exercise self-compassion, recognizing it's OK not to be perfect and that mistakes are a natural part of the learning process, as Jeff has so eloquently said.
JeffN wrote:5) BE PERSISTENT AND WORK HARD: Success is a marathon, not a
sprint. Never give up.

Like in all things, there will be some setbacks on the road to
health, and some difficult times ahead. This IS part of the
process. Relapse/setbacks do not equal failure, they are part
of the process of change (and success) that we all go through.
You will also encounter some obstacles. These are not there
as a sign for you to quit, but as a challenge to strengthen
your commitment to reaching your goals.

I think perhaps the difference between the pursuit of excellence vs. perfection is differentiated in our response to mistakes and obstacles - when I was seeking perfection, and made a mistake I often tended to "knock over the table" and give up for that day (or days or week :shock: ). That usually left me depressed, with a lot of practice at giving up, but very little practical experience overcoming obstacles or learning how to mitigate future mistakes.

In pursuing excellence, mistakes and failures can provide an opportunity for growth; I can learn something each time, surmounting that obstacle (usually not on the first attempt) and be better for it. That feels like the path to mastery - not being perfect or free from mistakes, but navigating situations with confidence and poise, knowing how to apply the fundamentals, recognizing what "doing the best I can" looks like in a given situation, and striving to do even better next time. That may be a goal that is always just out of my reach, but I find the chasing of it inspiring.

I think we're very fortunate to have the fundamental behaviors that deliver healthy, sustainable weight loss spelled out so clearly in the MWL 10-Point Checklist, to use as a roadmap on our path toward wellness.

Have an EXCELLENT week to come! I wish you all the very best, and hope to see you in the July MWL Weigh-In group (the new thread will be posted by Monday).
Mark Cooper

Postby moonlight » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Mark Cooper wrote:Moonlight - 2 lbs in a month is worth celebrating! Making mistakes and getting off track is a normal part of the process, and I think it is great that you avoided any bingeing. Are there any lessons to be learned from this week's difficulties? What was different about last week as compared to this week with respect to that bread "coming back?" Setbacks can be a great opportunity for reflection, realization and readjustment. At the next opportunity, just do the best you can. :)

Hi Mark,
I really appreciated your comments about striving for excellence instead of perfection. Very well said! I have often thought that I know better than to strive for perfection but if I have a mindset of less than perfection then the little cheats might find their way into my mindset. Thank you!

After looking over this last week's eating behavior, I realized that part of the problem may be the lack of salt in my diet. I have high blood pressure. Sometimes it's below 120/80 but it usually runs in the high 120's to low 130's over 80-90. I saw an improvement in BP when I reduced caffeine and salt, and got in daily exercise. It was routinely below 120/80. Then I started drinking more caffeine and eating more salt... Now it is back to the previous range. I have cut back on caffeine and salt again. I miss salt in my food. I think it caused me to search for tastier food... I'll continue to keep salt out of my diet. I think I will adjust.
moonlight

Postby JaBee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Goose and Mark, thanks for the kind suggestions!
My spouse keeps the junk food in the house and refuses to negotiate at this point but I will
Keep trying and will try to implement your suggestions. Hoping for more Stable emotional and Food
compliance next week. :-D

Will
JaBee

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program