May 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Thread

Postby olga530 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi I am joining on the last weekend of June 2020. Tuesday the 30th is my 70th birthday. I am a mature female, in good health, but want to lose weight for my health and to get off of my medications. I am diabetic, with high cholesterol and high blood pressure issues. I would like to live another 25 years in good health and unassisted.

Weight change +/- in lbs Start 182.4 6/26/20 Goal is 147 lbs. 1st day will be 6/27/20
Points from the MWL Checklist where I succeeded this week- Part 1, reading the plan and selecting what is doable
Points from the MWL Checklist that need greater attention. Point 1 Start each meal with soup or salad,
General impressions & observations / resources to share / sources of excitement / requests for input & support-
I am excited, read many of the success stories. Could relate to most. The biggest issue is to stay healthy. I can get excited about beginning anew. My biggest hurtle will be deleting Coffee and Creamer from my daily life. This will be the toughest problem.
A.M Blood Pressure 139/70 Pul 67 Sugar 110
P. M Blood pressure 142/78 Pul 74 Sugar 85
:)
olga530

Postby Mark Cooper » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 am

Hello and welcome! Now is always a great time to get started practicing the best behaviors to support our health. This month's MWL group thread for June is here. I'll include you in the replies and weekly summary in that thread. :D
Mark Cooper

Postby Melissa B. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 am

Hi there! I would love to join this thread and look forward to connecting throughout the month. I have struggled to lose weight since my mid 40's while in the past I was always thin. It has been very frustrating. I have finally gotten my diet cleaned up and look forward to losing and feeling better.
Melissa B.

Postby Mark Cooper » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 am

Melissa B. wrote:Hi there! I would love to join this thread and look forward to connecting throughout the month. I have struggled to lose weight since my mid 40's while in the past I was always thin. It has been very frustrating. I have finally gotten my diet cleaned up and look forward to losing and feeling better.

Hi, Melissa! The July MWL group thread is here.
Mark Cooper

Postby Belana » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 am

Last July posting...
I'm still on the road, but hanging in there.
Although I'm not around any groups, I'm still carefully socializing with just my circle. The social drinking is always a challenge, but I'm keeping that under control.
Seems like everyone is drinking a lot more these days!
I'm glad it's not my thing, but I do notice everyone else's increased intake.
Loss: .7 lbs.
Couldn't find your response to my last post this time Mark. :(
Belana

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am

Belana wrote:Last July posting...
I'm still on the road, but hanging in there.
Although I'm not around any groups, I'm still carefully socializing with just my circle. The social drinking is always a challenge, but I'm keeping that under control.
Seems like everyone is drinking a lot more these days!
I'm glad it's not my thing, but I do notice everyone else's increased intake.
Loss: .7 lbs.
Couldn't find your response to my last post this time Mark. :(

It is in this post, about midway down.
Mark Cooper wrote:Belana - Correct, that's the reporting timeframe. Nice result! Sounds like you just need to find a way to bring that perfect environment / situation with you wherever you go - let me know if you figure that one out! :lol: More seriously, for me it is very helpful to decide in advance what I'm wanting to get out of a social interaction, and what things I will or won't do in support of achieving the experience I'm seeking to have. Coming up with some clear decisions about what I would or wouldn't do helps take some of the pressure off. I can completely relate to the importance of making headway toward an important goal, especially under the shadow of this pandemic. Washington state is one of my very favorite places! Happy exploring!
I'll respond to this week's report in the group post over in the July thread, and below.

Belana - Nice result, particularly while on the road! Taking note of the differences between your own consumption and that of your circle seems like a useful measure in keeping things under control. Keep doing the best you can!
Mark Cooper

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program