After One Week

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

After One Week

Postby Smitty » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 pm

For the week I am down 1.8 pounds. I was doing well but last night I whet to a function at church. The food was way off the program. I am not sure what to do when there is nothing on the program to eat.
Smitty

Re: After One Week

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:51 pm

I think we just get better with time.

I went to one party early on, a birthday party for two 16 year old girls who are both vegetarian. I thought "no problem, there will be something to eat." There was nothing to eat. The girls were so busy goofing off they didn't eat. And I ended up eating a burger, then I just was frustrated. Another time within the same month I was at another party, and made sure to bring on plan items, but at that party I chose to eat a burger, as the friend raised his own cows and I knew they were raised right there. That was before I started really working more on the "why I choose to eat vegan" concept. I'm not there yet, but that was like 8 months ago, and I can change.

Eat before hand. Don't eat (I haven't gotten there yet). Or just make your best choices and move on.
AnnetteW

Postby Grammy Ginger » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 pm

I am late to the game with this but want to put in my two cents.

When those occasions arise, I simply don't eat. I visit with people. In the beginning, when those things still tempted me, I reminded myself that my next meal is only a few hours away. Surely I can last a few hours. I won't perish from starvation. This self-talk always gave me a boost of confidence. Getting through those situations made me feel strong and triumphant. Now, I don't attend functions that radiate around food because I detest watching people stuff their mouths with things that eventually will bring them terrible suffering.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Ltldogg » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Smitty wrote:For the week I am down 1.8 pounds. I was doing well but last night I whet to a function at church. The food was way off the program. I am not sure what to do when there is nothing on the program to eat.

Hi Smitty,

Here are my tips:

1. Never give in and eat unhealthy food. It is unhealthy and addictive.
2. Never rely on food that you have not prepared yourself or know for sure that is being served.
3. Eat before you go. Fill up the McDougall way.
4. Take food with you. If other people are offended they will get over it or not; not your fault or problem.

If you want to be healthy, then you have to do healthy things!

Cheers,
Scott
Ltldogg

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program