Light Bulb Moment

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Light Bulb Moment

Postby Brucek » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm

Yesterday I was thinking about how I quit smoking 30+ years ago. It wasn't easy...for a year I told myself each morning when I bought a package of cigarettes that I would just have one. Needless to say that never happened and the pack was gone by days end. Until one morning, I stopped at my usual store and bought a package. Only this time when I said to myself that I was only going to have one....I said no I'm going to smoke all of them. So I jumped out of my truck and threw them in the garbage! Never to have another...

You're probably wondering what this has to do with weight loss but for me I can't have just one chip because they will be all gone....

I have been on and off a WFPB way of eating since Forks Over Knives aired in theaters and reading books by Dr. McDougall, Dr. Neal Barnard and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn to name a few.

So here I am today but with a distinction and knowing of what I am personally capable of.
Brucek

Re: Light Bulb Moment

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:24 pm

What a lovely post. So inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby cbritten101 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:46 pm

I have been on and off a WFPB way of eating since Forks Over Knives aired in theaters and reading books by Dr. McDougall, Dr. Neal Barnard and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn to name a few.

So here I am today but with a distinction and knowing of what I am personally capable of.

Thanks for posting this BruceK, I could say the exact same thing, been following the plant based docs for years. I first saw Mary and John in person just after he wrote the 12 day program book. I know what I need to do, I just have trouble being consistent about doing it.

Somehow, this time feels different. I have hope that I can stick it out, and hope that I can become a star McDougaller someday. I have the same hope for you my friend!
Carrie
Focus on the Journey, not the Destination
cbritten101

Postby Brucek » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Thank you for the kind words.
Brucek

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program