New here, and cronometer

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New here, and cronometer

Postby LadyOfAvalon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:29 am

Hi, I've been trying and failing to do Dr Fuhrman's diet. It just leaves me so hungry I go and binge on KFC and chocolate. So I'm going to try Dr McDougall's diet, surely rice and beans are more filling than salad. However when I type what I plan to eat on this diet, into cron o meter, I seem a little low in some nutrients, and very low in vitamin E and omega 3. Has anyone else found the same? Is this a problem? And is the lack of added fat going to stop me from absorbing fat soluble vitamins?
LadyOfAvalon

Re: New here, and cronometer

Postby sirdle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:22 am

Hello Lady, and welcome! :)

Some of the 'recommended' values are intended to help protect you from the effects of the Standard American Diet (SAD). If you are eating healthy food, you will not need as much protection.

Jeff Novick has several threads about how you might tweak your Cronometer goals to provide better protection based on the McDougall diet.

Check out Greetings and Hot Topics and Nutrition & Health FAQ: Answers To The Most Asked Questions and if you have more questions, please let us know!

Cheers, :-P
Last edited by sirdle on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Re: New here, and cronometer

Postby deweyswakms » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:28 am

Hi Lady, welcome to the fun of losing weight, finally!

I have been whole foods eater for years, yet sloppy in my eating (never meat though), and really wanted to lose weight. I started in July but really committed to the MWL guidelines. Guess what, they work. I do take a vegan omega 3 dha algae-derived supplement, plus a vitamin d supplement because I am chronically low.

Good luck.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program