Mary’s mini for cravings

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Mary’s mini for cravings

Postby stillcrazy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 am

Well I am embarrassed to say that in spite of reading so many supportive posts about bingeing yesterday I fell off the wagon with a huge thump last evening and binged on some high fat off program foods. But I am not giving in just yet. I am going to do a potato Mary’s mini for the next 7 days. I know it is meant to be 10 days but on day 8 my brother is coming for a visit and I think it will be easier to move into a little more variety then. Plus, we will be out of the house a lot and eating out, which I think I can manage with him, have in the past. So, potatoes and veggies. Lots of veggies in my garden, so that will be easy. Guess I’ll be freezing raspberries but all I do with them is spread them put on a tray to freeze then pour them into zipper baggies. Wonderful on oatmeal! Off to do my potato breakfast right now. Vee
stillcrazy

Re: Mary’s mini for cravings

Postby Daydream » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Best wishes for a successful Mary’s mini! Let us know what your results are.
Daydream

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 pm

I’ve done a potato mini before and found it quite doable. Have you seen the Krocks on YouTube? They just did a potato mini.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby stillcrazy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 am

Thank you Daydream and Lyndzie for your support. Day 1 went well and I will keep you posted. Also thanks Lyndzie for the heads up on the Krocks. I did not know their story but it is amazing! It’s very encouraging and also gave me some good ideas for the potatoes. I am going to try the puffs in my air fryer. Vee
stillcrazy

Postby stillcrazy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 am

Just a short check-in about my Mary’s mini. I have completed 5 days and will do two more, only 7 days because on Monday I am leaving on a road trip with my brother. I haven’t lost weight yet but that’s okay for now because what I felt I mostly needed to do was to find a way to get beyond my food cravings which have seemed to have me wrapped around their fatty little fingers! I think I am doing better but not quite sure yet. On day 3 I ran out of potatoes so I ate corn tortillas, black beans and salsa. On day 4 I battled cravings all day long and only made it through by overeating (beyond full) potatoes seriously. Since then I have had lots of food thoughts but have never really entertained acting on them. Manageable. So I am hopeful! Vee
stillcrazy

Postby stillcrazy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 am

I completed my 7 days of MM potato style and had 3 days of the 7 of having major cravings and giving in to them and overeating on potatoes so I can’t say it helped with cravings but maybe I wasn’t on it long enough. It wasn’t hard to stay with the routine and I am up for doing another, longer, in a couple of weeks. Definitely not tired of potatoes! I did not lose any weight but that doesn’t surprise me given I ate so much several times. In addition to the potatoes I had lots of cooked veggies, green beans, pea pods, carrots, broccoli and lots of big salads with fat free dressing. I did miss fruit. My best feeling of success is the I stayed with it! Vee
stillcrazy

Postby Chumly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:49 pm

The first week is the hardest! It gets much easier after that point. Just make sure you keep lots of healthy wfpb food on hand to keep you from falling back to the junk food. It's better to overeat on healthy food in the short term rather than keeping your cravings alive.

Michael
Chumly

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program