Are most of the Success Story folks doing the MWL plan?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Are most of the Success Story folks doing the MWL plan?

Postby determined2bhealthy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi all :-)
This is just a thing I've been curious about. The stories are wonderful and so inspiring, but I've never been clear on whether these people have achieved their health gains with the "regular" SS program, or whether they are probably doing no added fat, no flour products, etc.

I'm pretty much assuming the MWL plan, because that is obviously the most effective route.

Anyway, thanks! :-D
determined2bhealthy

Re: Are most of the Success Story folks doing the MWL plan?

Postby amandamechele » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi!

My thought is if you follow the MWL program well, you will achieve success in your weight loss goals.
If you follow the regular program well, most people will reach their weight loss goals and most people will reach their health goals.
There are so many success stories from both versions of the program.

If you are hesitant to go all the way to MWL, I suggest start with the regular program and see where it takes you. Then you can decide if you need to refine things any further.

:)
amandamechele

Re: Are most of the Success Story folks doing the MWL plan?

Postby determined2bhealthy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 am

Hi amandamichele :-)

Thank you for replying to my post!

I agree with you. It has always frustrated me just a bit on this forum and elsewhere,like in the FB groups, when people talk about their experiences with the McDougall program, they have a tendency NOT to specify which of the "branches" they are following--and they ARE quite different!

:-)
determined2bhealthy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program