August 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: August 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby amandamechele » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Vegman - Responding first to your post from last Sunday which I initially missed. You are correct, BMI wonderfulness is relative, and if you are not yet satisfied then I’m glad you will keep pushing forward. My apologies if that came across as flippant or judgemental, it was not meant to. I wish you the best in seeking your goal. Wonderful loss this week!

sirdle - Wow Sirdle, this is so great. I’m so happy for you and excited for you. You are an extremely good example of putting previous knowledge, preparation and practice to work for a great outcome. Your comment about being back at your high school weight had me realize something about myself (so thank you). When I was feeling unsatisfied last year with my progress, still not at either of my goals, I was actually at my early high school weight. I never clued into that. That has made me feel much more satisfied with where I was able to get to; I’ve gained a little perspective.

Marsha - I love that you owned so many cats. The only pet that I ever “bought” for myself (before becoming my husband’s dog’s step-mom...LOL) was a cat. Her name was Sasha; she was a cat named after a bird. (From Peter and the Wolf). What is your cat’s name? Congratulations on your loss! I’m glad you are finding it not so difficult after all, it really is about sticking to the guidelines. Veggies for the win!!

Moonlight - Thank you for checking in. We have found a gem here with the McDougall program, and staff and fellow McDougaller friends (like you). I just burst with gratefulness whenever I think about it too much...LOL. Finding pockets of good people peppered throughout the world and learning from them and trying to pay it forward will hopefully work like a snowball rolling down a hill: just pick up everyone and everything in its path. The combination you describe is very powerful when related to its cost. Dr. McDougall created a very effective win-win situation. He worked to create meaningful work for himself and the ability to provide for his family while also helping others, but not just those who directly paid him, for anyone who was willing to take the time to learn from him. As he has benefitted, so have we.

Everyone - Here is the link to the September 2019 Weigh In Thread. I hope to see you all there!!
amandamechele

Re: August 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby deweyswakms » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:08 am

Marsha - I love that you owned so many cats. The only pet that I ever “bought” for myself (before becoming my husband’s dog’s step-mom...LOL) was a cat. Her name was Sasha; she was a cat named after a bird. (From Peter and the Wolf). What is your cat’s name? Congratulations on your loss! I’m glad you are finding it not so difficult after all, it really is about sticking to the guidelines. Veggies for the win!!

Thanks Amanda. My cat's name is Dolly, because she is a doll! And yes, I am figuring out how to make the MWL foods work for me. Potatoes and rice seem to be the best for me. Oats, love them but not in the morning as they seem to crash my blood sugar. I am pleased to weigh in September with a # new to me in years and years! Cheers. Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program